HotHandLuke HotHandLuke LV.19 Sage
Jan 25, 2019, 05:56 PM 1,246 read

Rockstar better come up with a story dlc if rdo keeps us disappointed

Who here thinks rdo is going to turn out to be a bigger success than gtao? I'd find it hard to believe if anyone here thinks that way. It's been almost 2 months after rdo released, and we still haven't gotten anything that meets or exceeds our expectations. It's not that I want rdo to fail, but let's just be honest and face the reality. Rdr 2, although it broke the sales record of its predecessor, isn't nearly as enticing as we thought it'd be when we first had heard massive online player mode was on the way, and I'm pretty sure Rockstar never would have thought they would lose so many players due to underdevelopment of rdo. My question is, would Rockstar be stupid enough to abandon an already successful series with lots of potential? I hardly think that would be the case. For what it's worth, I think it's reasonable to assume Rockstar has another plan if things don't go as well as they planned which I think is something close to a story dlc.

Comment 4

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Jan 28, 2019, 01:56 AM

Wow! It's so amazing to me how everyone expects everything right away. Give them some time, GTA V Online started the same way when it launched, or maybe you didn't play GTAO at release. They added way more to GTA Online then was available at release so chill out & give them a few months, it takes time to add stuff, test it, fix it test again, then finish it for release. RRD2 is probably the greatest game I've ever played and to think It's online mode won't change & evolve is ridiculous. Talk to me in 2 yrs, then your complaints might be valid. Rockstar plans on RDR2 Online to be around for 5-7 urs. Their not gonna give you everything at once anyway, because then there will be nothing new for the mode 2-3 yrs down the road

• Parsa LV.28 Mod Jan 27, 2019, 11:34 PM

I do agree with what you are saying. GTA 5 was a HUGE success for Rockstar, and obviously it will be tough for RDR2 to top that as easily as some of us initially thought. I really do think that Red Dead has the potential to be a spectacular game, and that with a bit of time we all won’t be able to put down. I just hope that R* listen to the community more and give us what we REALLY want, not some silly battle royale game mode that nobody enjoys. I think 2019 will be a big year for the game though, but we’ll just have to wait and see. Only time will tell!

• Mack LV.14 Bloodhound Main Jan 29, 2019, 07:05 AM

As a A1/day1 player of gtao,gtao also had things to do from the jump,they had missions such as "rooftop rumble", "titan job" and much more,i understand rdo has no good content for most due to the time dif., but im sure im not the only 1 who seen the crashed flying devices in the desert or out in the woods,all we need is a few missions (not stranger missions) to play with friends and unknown players in a excluded lobby like they do on gtao's "chop chop" and such,even tho its harder for rdo due to the time dif.,they should have had this planned like gtao did when they 1st came out....tech is availible because if you explore like i do on rdo,then youve seen the tech of the lab out in the woods that looks like they created Frankenstein's creation there

• TediousJet6714 LV.2 Lurker Feb 8, 2019, 01:36 PM

Technically RDO is still a beta to R* but I do agree that they are dragging their feet with updates. And I mean both stability and content. I'm not expecting a full 20 mission story right away but at least more activities for free roam to make more muneh

Home