Cult Grey Cult Grey LV.24 Insomniac
Oct 13, 2019, 04:53 AM 108 read

Bl3 theory.

Today I wanted to go over with yall some thoughts of stuff we would all like to see in future updates of borderlands 3 and have an open forum! But i would really like to hear from you guys as we have a ton of lurkers here in the borderlands 3 lounge, and we all have great ideas to being to the table. so please comment like and share your thoughts, we’d love to hear from ya c: •Nemesis mechanic: I would love to see the nemesis mechanic from shadow of Mordor in bl3 to bring more depth to a lack luster story. Mechanic explained.... nemesis literally means: agent of someones downfall so in the shadow of mordor game when you die by even the lowest of mob enemies they rank up in all forms; physical(appearance): if you wounded them previously and they had survived the encounter with you/ fled they’d have scars, missing limbs, eye patches(yes plural) and even a bad attitude for being called a coward by by their fellow ranks.

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 2

this would bring an extraordinary amount of depth which i truly feel is missing from the borderlands franchise at the moment. and please. don’t get it twisted. I love this game. It is a 10/10 hands down.🤘 That being said in my expert opinion the story was poorly written. I believe the nemesis system would assist and bolster the games longevity to make even the most boring of cutscenes and pointless dialogue worth it. #bl3skipbuttonforcutscenes ....

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 4

As there are so many ways this could be implementedI we will start with simple concepts to complex. (Note there are certainly over 1000 ways they could spin this, these thoughts as well as this post are purely rhetorical and are to inspire future game creators as well as gearbox and 2k) easy mode: Just simply have any enemy, except main bosses, that if they happen to kill you or you don’t kill them in a raid/ mission/ area that they spawn in, have the potential to lvl up in addition to regain health. Yea this would make it harder, but i would add this to mayhem setting in order to make endgame better and more challenging, even more REWARDING it would add to the overall experience even IMMERSION would improve. the random buffs can be changed with a simple quit and so you could so the same to get favorable buffs/debuffs as well for the newly toughened or weakened enemy from the new nemesis mechanic.

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 6

mid tier: to add onto the 1st i’d have the homies at gearbox throw in more dialogue as well as post taunt introduction and if you happen to encounter the poor bastard that bested you, you’d get another intro card with random flavor text to show’em off especially if it just so happens to make dun of your previous demise/encounter adding the much needed comedic relief within this poorly dialogued game.

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 8

Full send: Yes! last one(for now)

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 10

the last part i would add could brake the game, but who cares! (as stated above this is just theory and fun inspiration) to continue, just like the shadow of Mordor(s.o.m.) their could be an enemy ranking system in which ty and rat face are at the top annoited generals next, then generals and badasses after that, and named enemies as low tier underbosses. so how this dynamic comes together is if someone dies off from this list in anyway(which there are many) can move up the ranks .and to stay true to lore there are lots of clans of banditsand there still might be a blood feud to settle and in order to do so they might challenge each other after your untimely death of course just as it is in s.o.m. other ways of which require enemies to progress through ranks involve story missions. for instance **spoiler**

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 12

billy the anointed in eden 6 gets eliminated another badass or general or named enemy closest to that of the deceased position would then get the spot or be challenged for the spot by another of the same rank. i know this is a s***load to digest🤢 but i find it crucial to get the very most potential out of games because i’m over the top passionate about borderlands and what it stands for or lack there of xD if something didn’t make sense or you need clarification or even have your own great ideas please share like and sub our content as we are always brainstorming l, always listening and trying to get the most out life and our games. I can imagine by this point yall and Napoleon here have the same face “wtf” or “no way, bad ass” lemme know below xD

Borderlands: General - Bl3 theory.   image 14

#bl3theroy youtubi: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxELBtPr_a3sZwIVL--pAYw

twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/493475394

fb me me page: https://m.facebook.com/CultGrey/

insta: Cult Grey yeet!

Comment 0

Home