Invisible Hamster Invisible Hamster verified LV.24 Doubloon Digger
Oct 19, 2018, 02:07 PM 413 read

What will you get for winning games?

Valve has made it clear that it will be impossible to earn packs with in-game play. So what's the point of winning games then? I imagine that winning games will grant users tournament tickets which could then be used to enter tournaments with real-money prize pools. Anybody have any info on this?

Comment 5

• Vojin Dzeletovic verified LV.24 Epic Oct 19, 2018, 02:41 PM

As far as I'm aware, there's no incentive to winning a match whatsoever. I don't know if Valve ever has a plan for it, but currently, the game doesn't reward grinding at all.

• Rue verified Admin Oct 20, 2018, 06:22 AM

Oh man.

• Invisible Hamster verified LV.24 Doubloon Digger Oct 20, 2018, 01:58 PM

Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I'm not sure what kind of environment that will bring. Could breed a lot of trolls.

• Werhakon LV.22 RIP Oct 19, 2018, 02:53 PM

Also, we don't know anything about rewards in draft mode either. I guess the joy of winning is the reward itself. It's just like how you win against a player in a real life TCG game. I like your idea of earning tickets to enter tournaments.

• Invisible Hamster verified LV.24 Doubloon Digger Oct 20, 2018, 02:00 PM

That would be awful if you didn't get anything in draft either. I mean, in most real life TCG tournaments you do get either prize money or packs of cards so I feel like Valve should have some sort of reward.

Home