El Capitan LV.20 S
Oct 1, 2018, 05:34 AM 469 read

Will MTG Arena hurt Artifact?

MTGA has been getting a lot of attention on Twtich lately and has been featured on the home page pretty much every day since the beta released. MTGA could definitely take away a lot of potential Artifact players especially because it's free to play compared to Artifact's up-front cost.

Comment 2

• Vojin Dzeletovic LV.24 Epic Oct 1, 2018, 10:26 AM

In my opinion, it will. It might be too hasty to make any judgment since Artifact hasn't even started the beta yet, but as you mentioned, with MTGA being F2P, it has the upper hand over Artifact as of right now. Although they share almost the same pool of players, MTG series has long established loyal players over the years, making it far more appealing to old TCG players and newcomers than Artifact even with the fact that it is being developed by Richard Garfield himself.

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Oct 1, 2018, 10:35 AM

I do agree on the point that they share the same pool of players since both are TCG games, but surely, Valve is aware of that. I think that's one of the reasons they made Artifact a Dota card game. It is to attract players from Dota 2 just as how MTGA is getting players from its original series.

Home