Vojin Dzeletovic LV.24 Epic
Sep 19, 2018, 11:58 AM 430 read

Creeps being summoned randomly into lanes

Randomly summoned creeps are one of the few RNG elements in Artifact. It might seem it infects little to none since summoned creeps have pretty low stats, but it's actually a game changing feature. What I like about it is that it can possibly lead players to turn the table around if creeps are summoned in the desired lanes. It can buy a player enough time to prepare for a comeback and potentially be buffed enough to make some damage. At the same time, it may cause a problem of unpredictability, making the game less skill based. Do you think it's better to summon creeps this way, or do you prefer to have total control of where they're being summoned?

Comment 3

• Halil Berau LV.22 Let’s play Blackout! Sep 19, 2018, 12:07 PM

I don't really hate random deployment, but what I want to see is a card that allows players to take control of it. Like you said, it sure can turn the table if summoned desirably, but there's no guarantee they're going to be summoned at the exact place where you want them to be.

• RetroFlame77 verified LV.23 Good Leader Sep 19, 2018, 12:11 PM

Controlling the randomness. That's actually not a bad idea.

• Halil Berau LV.22 Let’s play Blackout! Sep 19, 2018, 01:55 PM

The notable thing about this is that you get to control the creeps while your opponent does not.

Home