FarCritical LV.18 Sage
Sep 17, 2018, 10:13 AM 515 read

Would a refund be available?

Artifact: General - Would a refund be available? image 1

Clearly, it is stated in Steam Refunds that they offer refund on games that are purchased within two weeks and played less than two hours.  

Artifact: General - Would a refund be available? image 3

Also, what's notable is that they offer refunds on in-game purchases. However, if the in-game items are consumed, we won't be able to get refunds apparently.   My question is that do booster packs in $20 pack count as in-game items? Technically, they are part of the full game we are purchasing, and I'd like to think we have every rights to call for a refund even if booster packs are already unsealed. What are your thoughts?

Comment 4

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 17, 2018, 10:21 AM

My guess is that booster packs within the $20 pack are actually in-game items. Valve offers refunds to those who wish to get the money back after they experience what the game is about. You have every chance to experience Artifact with two basic sets of cards that are given in purchase. I think that's more than enough for you to think whether you would like to keep the game or not.

• FarCritical LV.18 Sage Sep 17, 2018, 10:32 AM

I wouldn't consider playing with default decks as fully experiencing the game. Unpacking booster packs is one of the main features in Artifact, and you can't say you've played Artifact unless you've experienced every good and bad things about it. The way I see it, that's the main reason why Valve included booster packs in the $20 pack in the first place.

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 17, 2018, 10:40 AM

You have a point. But I hate to think if Valve ever allows that to happen, every god damn players will demand at least a single refund and just buy the game again to pull better cards.

• Werhakon LV.24 RIP Sep 17, 2018, 12:03 PM

It actually happens more than you think. Especially where in-game purchases are made frequently such as in mobile games, a lot of players ask for refunds for unsatisfied results.

Home