Ko0lKidK1lla Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star
Sep 14, 2018, 04:03 PM 423 read

What would be the rates for me to pull a rare card?

There are four kinds of known rarities. Basic, Common, Uncommon, and Rare. Basic cards are what you get for buying a $20 pack, and the rest are included in booster packs. You're guaranteed to pull at least one rare card in a booster pack which means it's possible to pull more than one. There are 280 cards in total, but we don't yet have information on what number of cards are in the each pool of rarities. Not a lot of things can be inferred from this, but I would assume the drop rates for the rare cards are significantly lower than n/280(with n being the number of rare cards in total). What do you think?

Comment 2

• Halil Berau verified LV.22 Let’s play Blackout! Sep 14, 2018, 04:26 PM

Many are speculating all the 44 heroes to be the rare cards. If so, it does feel absurd to think the chance to pull rare cards is as high as 44/280. Only Valve would know the answer unfortunately. I would assume it would be high enough for valve to control the price of rare cards in the market but low enough for players to pull them not so easily.

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 14, 2018, 04:56 PM

Economically, I think Valve has set exactly the right amount of price for booster packs. They won't have trouble with card prices going through the roof early on. I only hope they see enough sense not to destroy the balance later.

Home