Werhakon Werhakon LV.23 RIP
Sep 13, 2018, 11:56 AM 458 read

Interesting words from Richard Garfield

I was reading an interview from PCGamesN. Here's what he said.   RG "I think people who first look at the game might think of a game like Hearthstone, and think it’s far more complex than they’re used to. But look at a game like StarCraft – that’s got broad appeal, from very serious players to very casual players, and it is very complicated. People can handle that. It’s a matter of whether this is a fun game space to explore, and whether you’ve done a good job of explaining the game state to players. Which I think Valve has done. So I think when they begin experiencing it, it’s going to be in a different place than they’re used to."   He's explaining here that players will experience different things from Artifact but will eventually adapt to and enjoy the game. Jeep Barnett, one of the developers in the very same interview stated that the game appeals to "people on so many different levels." He also said that he watched children enjoying the game. Could it mean that there's a possibility that Valve's actually trying to make Artifact a game that every people in every age can enjoy?

Comment 2

• Vojin Dzeletovic LV.24 Epic Sep 13, 2018, 12:37 PM

I don't think Valve is actually targeting a broad spectrum of players. What they're saying here is that Artifact is not made for a wide range of players, but they'll eventually grow to like the game.

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 13, 2018, 01:51 PM

Makes sense

Home