Halil Berau LV.23 Let’s play Blackout!
Sep 11, 2018, 03:42 PM 527 read

Do you think it's useless for Valve to develop Artifact for PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Would it be a waste of resources for Valve to develop Artifact for additional platforms? Personally, I own all current generation of consoles and a decent PC, but I'm sure there are people with not enough money to own one that meets the minimum requirements of the game. Since video game consoles cost less than buying a PC, wouldn't it bring in more potential players to the game, making it more profitable?

Comment 6

• Werhakon LV.24 RIP Sep 11, 2018, 04:10 PM

It hardly seems a case that will ever work. First of all, Valve hasn't really been interested in making console games. They do have a history of releasing the Orange Box in multiple platforms including Xbox 360 and PS3. However, the thing is, Only the Xbox 360 version was made from Valve themselves, and they outsourced PS3 version to Electronic Arts.

Also, the player pool isn't most likely to increase dramatically. From what we have seen, it is safe to assume that Artifact will not require high-end gaming PC. Any regular computers would do the job magically, and if that's not the case, players with insufficient fund will naturally go for mobile version.

Lastly, it would be disastrous to play Artifact with conventional controllers. Undeniably, Keyboard and Mouse feel way more natural playing TCGs and would help players concentrate more.

• Halil Berau LV.23 Let’s play Blackout! Sep 11, 2018, 04:22 PM

I see what you're getting at. I thought it would be a good strategy to differentiate the game from Blizzard's Hearthstone.

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 11, 2018, 04:25 PM

It would give the game an advantage but not by a lot imo. Plus, it would very much make more sense to say that they've already established enough differences between Artifact and Hearthstone.

• Werhakon LV.24 RIP Sep 11, 2018, 04:27 PM

↑ I couldn't more agree on this

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 11, 2018, 04:16 PM

Honestly, people who aren't able to afford a new PC won't be able to afford the game as well. Especially, when it comes to TCGs, you'll probably end up spending more money on the game than what you would pay for a new computer.

• Halil Berau LV.23 Let’s play Blackout! Sep 11, 2018, 04:23 PM

I guess you have a point.

Home