Werhakon Werhakon LV.22 RIP
Sep 10, 2018, 02:52 PM 431 read

Would you be interested in purchasing rare cards in the market?

Even if Valve is planning to avoid the prices of cards going through the roof, there's no guarantee that every card will stay at an affordable price. In time, every game forms a certain meta, and I assure you, it will make players crave for the best card. Especially when more cards are added into the pool, making it more difficult to pull the exact card you want, players' demand for a certain card will exceed supply in the market. That's when you'll see a crazy amount of money going back and forth among players. I even assume that there will be players dedicated only to the market seeking arbitrage opportunities. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than what I think it is worth, but I'll never know for sure until the game comes out.

Comment 5

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 10, 2018, 02:57 PM

For now, I'm just thinking of selling cards that I won't use. I'm afraid that if I start buying cards in the market, I'll start spending more money than I can afford.

• Werhakon LV.22 RIP Sep 10, 2018, 02:59 PM

Wise strategy. I don't know how long you'll be able to keep up though

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 10, 2018, 03:29 PM

That's what also worries me :(

• Halil Berau verified LV.22 Let’s play Blackout! Sep 10, 2018, 03:06 PM

I'm still a student, so my budget is highly limited. I'll probably end up using most in Artifact, and I'm ready for it.

• Werhakon LV.22 RIP Sep 10, 2018, 03:09 PM

you sir, are truly a hero.

Home