Marcus T LV.19 Beast
Sep 5, 2018, 04:18 PM 544 read

Seriously, why all the hype?

Frankly, I don't see why this game gets so many attentions. There are tons of TCGs out there, and Artifact is not so different than others. Just adding colors to the cards is not the answer, and creating two more lanes certainly is a bad move. That doesn't decide how deep the game is. It just confuses players by adding unnecessary complexity.   To be clear, I am not a fan of Hearthstone, but it's apparent that Blizzard is already taking up most of the digital TCG market. By the looks of it, Valve's going to have a hard time dethroning the champion, imho.  

Artifact: General - Seriously, why all the hype? image 2

Comment 3

• Werhakon LV.24 RIP Sep 5, 2018, 05:30 PM

I understand what you're trying to say, and yes, playing three different lanes may seem daunting and exhausting. However, As far as I know, these so called 'complexity' will require you to think more and strategize, thus creating the need for more player skills and less luck. Valve didn't add the complexity. They created just enough complexity so that people would play more to win and not pay more to win. As for the market share, needless to say, they don't really need to compete against Hearthstone. I assume a lot of players from DOTA 2 would try Artifact at least once, which creates a new pool of players into the game.

• Ko0lKidK1lla LV.19 Super Star Sep 5, 2018, 05:34 PM

Well said.

• Rue verified Admin Sep 6, 2018, 04:51 AM

Additionally, it's a formula for TCG that has yet been seen. This is a big step.

Home