The Daily Moot (4/3/19)News Picks
1. Apex Legends Patch 1.1 Accidentally Resets Account Progress
Apex Legends got a small update this morning that was supposed to introduce a few small quality-of-life updates to the game. Instead, players who updated to patch 1.1 realized all of their account progress had been reset. This includes level progress, achievements, and battle pass purchase and progress. Respawn is desperately working to fix this issue and we’re all trying our best not to freak out. Please, please, please fix this Respawn. (Oh, the update lets you party up with good teammates and allows you to mute bad ones in Legend select.) UPDATE: Respawn has fixed the issue and player progress has been restored. Phew.
2. Fortnite’s Dusty Divot Begins Filling with Lava Since just this morning, the Dusty Divot on Fortnite’s battle royale map has begun to fill up with lava. Dusty Divot has been around since Season 4, when a meteor struck Dusty Depot and destroyed it. Currently the divot isn’t completely full of lava, but only Epic knows for sure what will happen next. Do you think this is the end of Dusty Divot?
3. Call of Duty’s Blackout is Free to Play this Month Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is free to play on all platforms until April 30th. While this coincides with the release of the new Alcatraz map, it is a bit awkward as Alcatraz is currently only available on PS4. It is unclear when the close-quarters map will come to PC or Xbox One, but hopefully it is before the end of the month so those of us who don’t own Black Ops 4 yet can try it.
4. Borderlands 3 Official Announce Trailer Last week we saw an announcement trailer for Borderlands 3 at PAX East. Today, Gearbox Studios released an official announce trailer for the game that reveals new vault hunters, new villains, and a release date. Borderlands 3 will release on September 13th of this year on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Epic Games Store on PC. After 6 months, Borderlands 3 will be available on other digital store fronts like Steam.
5. Civilization 6 Gets Cross-Platform Cloud Saving Civilization 6 is an awesome turn-based strategy game that is almost impossible to walk away from. Well, it may be easier to walk away from your computer now because you can continue your games on your Nintendo Switch. All you need to do is sign up for a 2K account and you can save your Civilization 6 games through the cloud and continue them on either PC or the Switch.
================= Have you noticed you're earning extra Moot Coins this week? We're hosting a DOUBLE Moot Coins event until April 8th. No need to thank us, we gotchu.