The Daily Moot (3/26/19)News Picks
1. Fallout 76 Survival Mode Beta Launches
We know nobody asked, but the Fallout 76 Survival Mode beta launched this morning. Survival Mode is a more hardcore, PVP focused version of Bethesda recent disappointment. Players will now select upon launch whether they’d like to play Survival Mode or the game’s traditional Adventure Mode. In Survival Mode you’ll take full damage from others immediately and you can only respawn or fast travel at certain locations. Honestly, it sounds pretty tight.
2. Major Star Wars Battlefront II Update Released Today Remember Star Wars Battlefront II? Not the old one, but the more recent game that was pretty sweet but got totally ruined by a greedy microtransaction model. Well, THAT game just got a massive free update that introduced a new game mode called Capital Supremacy. There is also a new map, the Pipeline Junction West on Geonosis. Additionally, the update includes several hero balance tweaks and some quality of life improvements. Check out the patch notes in the article below.
3. ‘The Lord of the Rings – Gollum’ Game Coming Next Year Game development studio Deadalic Entertainment announced yesterday they’re working on a new Lord of the Rings action-adventure game. The new game will release for PC and interestingly “all relevant console platforms at the time.” The game will focus on Gollum and tell his story like it has never been told before. The Lord of the Rings – Gollum will release sometime in 2021, so buckle up for a long wait.
4. Anthem Update 1.0.4 Adds Legendary Missions In today’s update, BioWare is attempting to appease Anthem players, who have been upset with the game’s loot since launch. Update 1.0.4 adds Legendary Missinos, Elysian Caches, and other adjustments to the game’s loot economy. There is a single Legendary Mission each day, but it can be completed any number of times. The update also made chests and enemies more likely to drop additional items and crafting materials.
5. Red Dead Online gets ‘Target Races’ Game Mode Red Dead Online is constantly growing, which is equal parts awesome and necessary. Today, Red Dead Online got a new game mode called Target Races. In Target Races, player race to the finish line on horseback passing through checkpoints and shooting targets as they ride. Hitting targets increases your horse’s stamina. You can also use weapons to attack your opponents. All online activities offer a 20% experience boost this week.
==================== The Moot Caption Contest is an awesome place to show off how funny you can be and earn free Moot Coins! Enter now:
==================== Moot update v2.10 came out today, bringing several sweet new features to our amazing app! Read about it here: