The Daily Moot (3/25/19)News Picks
1. Battlefield 5 BR Mode ‘Firestorm’ is Live
The battle royale mode for Battlefield 5 is finally here! Firestorm is a classic battle royale mode, where 100 players can battle it out to be the last one standing in either solos, duos, or squads. Firestorm is an absolutely massive map that includes boats, tanks, and everything else that makes Battlefield games awesome. While it is definitely not too little, Firestorm may be too late to make a big impact on the battle royale genre. Will you be playing it?
2. ‘The Floor is Lava’ LTM is Coming to Fortnite The Floor is Lava is Fortnite’s next Limited Time Mode. This limited time mode is a throwback to the classic childhood game we all remember, where you would pretend the floor was lava so you had to cross the room by jumping from one piece of furniture to another. The mode description says “get to high ground or build above the lava that’s overtaking the island.” This LTM is expected to come to Fortnite soon.
3. Philadelphia Fusion are Building an Esports Arena Overwatch League team Philadelphia Fusion have announced they are building a massive esports arena to play their home games in the future. The $50 million dollar project will be the first “purpose-built esports arena in the Western hemisphere.” The Fusion Arena will set up to 3500 spectators. There will also be bars, suites, box seating, a dedicated training facility, a broadcast studio, and team offices. It is unknown whether the arena will be ready in time for the OWL 2020 season which is when teams will start playing home and away games.
4. No Man’s Sky is Getting VR Sony announced this morning that No Man’s Sky will be adding VR compatibility later this summer. No Man’s Sky Beyond was announced earlier this month; Beyond is a multi-part free expansion to the space exploration game. The first chapter of Beyond will introduce No Man’s Sky Online, which will enable you to play the game with friends. It is unclear when specifically VR compatibility will come to the game except we know it will come out during the summer.
5. Apple Arcade is a New Subscription Game Service Today Apple announced Apple Arcade, a new subscription service that will give subscribers access to premium games. The service is coming to iPhone, iPad, Apple computers, and Apple TV. Apple is both handpicking games for the service and developing games specifically for it. There will be no in-game advertisements or in-app purchases. Apple Arcade is set to launch in the fall of this year and we expect to find out more information about it before then.
==================== The Moot Caption Contest is an awesome place to show off how funny you can be and earn free Moot Coins! Enter now: