The Daily Moot (3/19/19)
1. Google Unveils ‘Stadia,’ a New Game Streaming Service
Google rocked the gaming world this morning when they announced Stadia, a new cloud gaming service. Stadia will stream games from the cloud to Chrome browsers, the Chromecast, and Pixel devices. The service will aunch in the US, Canada, UK, and Europe in 2019. Stadia will enable instant access to play games, without the need to download or install anything. Google also unveiled the new Stadia Controller to play with. Honestly, there’s a lot going on here to read about so we encourage you to check out the article below for more information.
2. Apex Legends Season 1 is Live! Apex Legends’ first season is finally here! The new season brings to the game a battle pass, a new Legend, dozens of bugfixes, and a handful of character adjustments. The battle pass costs $10 USD and gives you access to over 100 unique items. The new legend is Octane, the High-Speed Daredevil, who is sure to shake things up a bit. Finally, there are dozens of bug fixes, optimizations, and character changes. Read all of the Season 1 patch notes here!
3. You can now Forgive Teamkills in Rainbow Six Siege Ubisoft is finally reworking their solution to the teamkilling issue in Rainbow Six Siege. Previously, players could kill two teammates using friendly fire and get booted from the game if they teamkilled a third. Now, after the first teamkill, all damage the offending player commits to their teammates is actually reversed back onto them. You can also now forgive teammates for teamkilling, which has been a highly requested feature from Rainbow Six players for some time.
4. Call of Duty is Coming to Mobile Devices Activision and Tencent just mutually announced Call of Duty: Mobile. The mobile game will be free to play and available on both iOS and Android devices. Call of Duty: Mobile will draw inspiration from both Black Ops and Modern Warfare games. It will feature popular game modes like Search and Destroy and Free-For-All. Additionally, there will be iconic maps like Nuketown, Crash, and Hijacked. There is a public beta coming for Call of Duty: Mobile this summer.
5. Rockstar Outlines Next Red Dead Online Update In a press release this morning Rockstar outlined several features that will be coming to Red Dead Online in a major update “later this Spring.” Among the features is the ability to toggle on Defensive Mode, which will make it harder for enemies to kill you and vice versa. There is also a new Hostility System to discourage griefing. There will be more Land of Opportunity Missions, more Free Roam Missions, and more dynamic events. Finally, there is the new LeMat Revolver to look forward to.
=================== The Moot Caption Contest is an awesome way to show everyone how funny and clever you are! You can also win up to 500 Moot Coins, which is nice. Enter now!