The Daily Moot (6/1/18)
1. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Confirmed by Ubisoft
In response to a leak yesterday, the official Assassin’s Creed twitter account has confirmed Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is the next game in the popular series. The announcement came in the form of a 5 second clip, which showed a Spartan warrior kicking someone off a cliff. More details with be revealed at E3, but we do know the game will reportedly have dialogue options and even the ability to choose a male or female protagonist.
2. Epic Brings Back Competitive Play with Blitz Showdown After the smashing success of the first Solo Showdown limited time mode, it is exciting to see Epic Games bringing back another showdown LTM so soon. The new and improved Blitz Showdown has all the hype of Solo Showdown while simultaneously addressing many of the community’s concerns. You will only need to play 25 games instead of 50, it now uses the Blitz rules so you don’t need to spend so long farming mats, and you will get 3 points for each kill. Finally, the leaderboards will be split by region which means more prizes will be distributed. You have until Monday at 10 am ET to finish your matches.
3. PUBG’s Popular 4x4 Map Sanhok Live for Testing Again Sanhok is live yet again for testing until June 4th at 4 am PT. PUBG Corp has hinted that this will be the final round of testing for Sanhok. They have suggested the map, which is 1/4th the overall size of PUBG’s two current maps, will come to live servers by the end of June. The map has been popular with testers so far, as the higher pace of play is a welcome change from Erangel and Miramar. PC players who own PUBG can access the test server for free on Steam.
4. Fortnite is Apparently Coming to the Switch After massive demand for Fortnite, the world’s most popular video game, to come to Switch it looks like fans may get their wish. An image leaked recently which apparently shows Nintendo’s E3 booth layout that includes Fortnite. Fortnite is already available on Mac, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and iOS. With an Android launch coming later this summer, the Switch is the one significant platform the game is missing from. Nintendo’s press conference at E3 will take place on Tuesday, June 12th at 9 am PT.
5. Destiny 2 Bug Preventing Players from Earning Nightfall Reward Bungie confirmed this morning that the exclusive reward for this week’s Nightfall event is bugged. This means players who spent hours grinding the event hoping to receive the powerful D.F.A hand cannon have been wasting their time. Bungie says it currently investigating the issue but a cause is not yet known. There is no word yet regarding how Bungie plans to compensate their angry player base.
============================= ALSO, we are recruiting more moderators! Check the post linked below for more information and a link to the application. Good luck to those who apply!