Team Moot verified Admin
Mar 19, 2019, 02:39 AM 7,630 read

The Daily Moot (3/18/19)

News Picks

1. Apex Legends Season 1 Starts Tomorrow!

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (3/18/19) image 2

Respawn Entertainment has finally announced the official start date for Season 1 of Apex Legends! The new season will start tomorrow, March 19th, and will introduce the new Legend Octane to the game. There will also be a battle pass, including over 100 new cosmetics to earn. The new season is called Wild Frontier and you can check out more information, including all of the Battle Pass rewards, right here!

2. Fortnite Temporarily Disables Hamster Ball   Due to stability issues related to the Baller, Epic Games has temporarily disabled the item. The Baller is the official name of what most call ‘the giant hamster ball’ that was recently added to Fortnite’s battle royale mode. The Baller has been a dominant force in the game’s competitive meta since it was introduced, and many seem happy to see the item gone. Knowing Epic, the Baller will probably return very soon.

3. Battlefield 5’s Firestorm Map is Massive   DICE announced Firestorm last week, the battle royale game mode coming to Battlefield V. The map is called Halvøy and it is actually ten times larger than the game’s current largest map, Hamada. While battle royale maps are normally large, this is a bit ridiculous. It makes sense though, as Firestorm will feature helicopters, tanks, and other vehicles that will enable players to traverse the map with speed. Firestorm comes to Battlefield V on March 25th.

4. The Culling Servers Are Going Offline   The Culling is a battle royale game that has had a tragic storyline. The Culling was a generally popular game that got put on the backburner almost immediately after release so the team behind it could work on developing a sequel instead. After the sequel’s failed launch, the team reinvested in the original The Culling game and made it free to play. Unfortunately, a microtransaction model didn’t generate enough revenue to keep the lights on and come May the game’s servers will be shutting down for good.

5. Splatoon 2 Demo Coming to Nintendo Switch   Splatoon 2, the popular online shooter for Nintendo Switch, will be getting a free week starting tomorrow morning. The special demo version of the game can be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop now. You can access four different game modes during the demo, including four-on-four Turf War and the game’s classic mode. If you decide you like Splatoon 2 enough to buy it, you’re in luck! Splatoon 2 is 20% off for the next week.

=================== The Moot Caption Contest is an awesome way to show everyone how funny and clever you are! You can also win up to 500 Moot Coins, which is nice. Enter now!

#TheDailyMoot

Comment 90

• Sweet_088 LV.5 Lurker Mar 19, 2019, 02:45 AM

Pumped!!

• Greenzie LV.3 Lurker Mar 19, 2019, 02:42 AM

Can’t wait to finally earn something in this game again. Been level 100 for weeks

• Soulector LV.16 Wizard Mar 19, 2019, 02:44 AM

• ✕Beastツ✕ (X_x) LV.21 Boo! Mar 19, 2019, 02:54 AM

• Romeo Sync LV.3 Lifeline Main Mar 19, 2019, 03:37 AM

EA: "You guys want the battle pass Tuesdays?"

Me:

• The Apex Legend LV.7 Sharpshooter Mar 19, 2019, 07:14 AM

Already level 100 on the battle pass. Too easy.

• Smallbigfat LV.18 Clearly Hacking Mar 19, 2019, 02:54 AM

Apex is made by EA so you the microtransactions are about to get dirty

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Mar 19, 2019, 03:06 AM

Developed by Respawn, Published by EA.

• Smallbigfat LV.18 Clearly Hacking Mar 19, 2019, 03:10 AM

Doesn't matter, EA has a say on it anyways 🤦🏻‍♂️😂 The sims made by Maxis and published by EA, and the microtransactions are ridiculous.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Mar 19, 2019, 03:14 AM

I’m just correcting your error about who made the game, mate. That’s it. Magic.

And judge the game by the microtransactions when they’re actually there and invasive. So far, it’s a free game with nothing that breaks the game in any sense.

• Mipyc LV.9 I'm a Bot Mar 19, 2019, 03:22 AM

That isn't the point, people were boycotting EA so they had to listen to gamers and now they will be making money of something new.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 03:27 AM

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Mar 19, 2019, 03:30 AM

Don’t buy the Battle Pass or any Apex Coins. Simple. Don’t support the developers or EA if that’s your prerogative, but a Battle Pass for a free Battle Royale game is not exactly a frustrating element to most until things get aggressive or invasive. We all have to pick between supporting a really solid developer and boycotting a particularly trashy publisher. Personally, I’d rather focus on making sure EA learns that bad behavior in microtransations will lose their support, while positive examples have better benefits for all. So long as the system in Apex doesn’t become manipulative, deceptive, or pay-to-win... I’m okay with it.

• Smallbigfat LV.18 Clearly Hacking Mar 19, 2019, 03:28 AM

Well fair point, i just fucking despise EA

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Mar 19, 2019, 03:31 AM

Same. They’re a terrible company with equally terrible ethics, but they’ve unfortunately partnered with some stellar developers over the years. Splits things a bit.

• D3NNY40 LV.6 Try Hard Mar 19, 2019, 03:09 AM

• Oclblonde LV.21 Big Chungus Mar 19, 2019, 03:14 AM

Here comes the pay to win

• Faded _Sharingan LV.2 Lurker Mar 19, 2019, 03:23 AM

Not how that works

• Daker LV.4 Anchor Mar 19, 2019, 03:34 AM

Let's go boy

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 03:43 AM

All I can say is how honestly disappointed I am in apex. It's QUICKLY turning south. Spending 1 million dollars on a twitch streamer to stream Apex (instead of, say, employees or something for more legends and cosmetics) and the battle pass has for the most part some basic ass skins and weapon skins, 20 fucking badges to say that "oh hey I have the pass and here's the level I'm on," and...maybe 15 things I actually care about, being less than 15% of the items you get? Oof. Just....oof. coulda done more.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 03:50 AM

That's how BAttle pass works for most..

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 03:51 AM

Rocket League did it better

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 03:59 AM

So play rocket league

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:00 AM

I do lmao. But that is irrelevant and you completely fail to see my point.

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 04:07 AM

I think your expectations were too high. What you described is literally what a battle pass is. All cosmetics because if the rewards gave an advantage the game would become pay to win. You also forgot to mention there will be new legends and guns every season too which will keep things fresh. They didn’t advertise the game at all which costs millions so they probably saved money by having streamers sponsor it, and with 50 million registered players spending money on coins and battle passes the employees and families will be more than okay. So no I don’t see your point because I don’t know what your so upset about with it.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:13 AM

Torey_KrUGeR  Maybe they were, maybe they weren't, just voicing my opinion. And no shit a battle pass is all cosmetics, that's not what I'm complaining about (maybe reread lol?) And yes they're going to have a new legend every season, but the 1 million to employees (not to current specifically, new staff as well) could be used to release EVEN more content and better quality (I feel like) on the cosmetics. Seriously, who the actual fk wants a weapon skin for the P2020. Who. I'd like to know.

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 04:18 AM

I’m paraphrasing here but I believe you said something along the long of “20 basic ass skins and 15 basic ass weapon skins” which was the main complaint I read, correct me if I’m wrong. And Respawn already said they like weapons like that in the game (and obviously the skins that accompany them) because it makes finding better weapons in game or getting legendary skins for those guns more rewarding. So getting a p2020 skin is just something yah gotta deal with.

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 04:19 AM

Torey_KrUGeR  Along the lines of* before you try and correct my grammar

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:22 AM

Torey_KrUGeR  Oh hey an actual arguement! Ok so I can very much agree to your point of haveing lesser skins, but why in a battle pass I'm paying for? And again, why TWENTY badges that replace one another anyway? It just all seems "filler" for the pass to me.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:22 AM

Having*

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 04:28 AM

I mean it’s more than other passes offer, Fortnites is just skins (most suck) dances (filler that gets swapped out with one another) and v bucks to use for the next battle pass or save up for something you want from the store. Even rocket league is just new cosmetics for your car or goal animations. Or new cars to use. Which is essentially just skins that get swapped out.

I think the main attraction for the seasons will be the legends and guns which everyone will get anyway. Yeah I’m sure the majority of skins that come with it will be pretty average, but we’ll also get apex packs with chances for legendaries. Which unless you’ve spent hundreds on coins you definitely should still have some legendaries you’d like to acquire from the base game.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:32 AM

Torey_KrUGeR  A fair point to say the least, i just still feel disappointed because I might've expected 2 legends every season or something? Like you said, my expectations might be high, but for being one of the most explosively popular games, my expectations are not without reason...

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 04:37 AM

I agree with your reasoning for your expectations being high. Mine are too but it also comes down to what one sees as valuable. Some people see that and say hell yeah that’s worth 10 bucks and other people don’t. That’s just a personal preference and can’t be argued really. Honestly for me it’s the apex packs and guns that will come with each season. The skins and weapon skins are just a bonus to me. Obviously I’d be more hyped if there was even more in the pass, but without giving out an advantage I don’t know what other things they could offer in the pass.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:38 AM

Torey_KrUGeR  Less badges and more skins 😂

• Torey_KrUGeR LV.7 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 04:46 AM

I get that, but that’s a decision by Respawn and EA to keep people buying apex packs to go for rarer skins that way. I would have to believe that a publisher as big as EA would have no trouble throwing money Respawns way to create more content if needed. That’s just a business practice that really doesn’t favor us as the consumer. I hate that shit too but we do have to remember it’s EA we’re talking about here lol

• NO NAME verified Mar 23, 2019, 08:26 PM

Wow ..you got excited at the thought of arguing over the internet with another guy...

Can't relate.. gay

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Mar 19, 2019, 04:03 AM

Rocket League also isn't free. They have to earn their money somewhere, and just because YOU don't care about the items doesn't mean nobody else does. On top of that, you know that EA is the one who gave up the money, and that is pocket change to them. Respawn is just making games, blame the bad business on EA. But either way...they're still making content. If they pay off a streamer, it really doesn't effect you. Find something else to complain about, Apex is doing it right.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:04 AM

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:08 AM

Rocket League has not even an eighth of the player base of Apex, so it not being free is quite irrelevant. And where did I say that nobody else liked the items? Oh, right, nowhere. And yes, as I've already described how, them paying a streamer that much money DOES affect (not effect lmao) me and all of its players.

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Mar 19, 2019, 04:14 AM

You literally said that Apex is going downhill because YOU don't care about the BP items. Which, if 22 weapon skins, 4 character skins, a new character, 14 premium currency unlocks, and 7 loot boxes that are all rare or legendary isn't enough then...you're just unpleasable.

You didn't even explain, at least in the comment I replied to, how it affected anything. You just said that they should have paid the developers instead. But I'm quite sure the devs got paid, or they would be suing the company. I'm also quite sure that Respawn doesn't have that kind of disposable income and this was an EA decision that didn't have anything to do with Respawn or their work.

Not only that, but on the point about Rocket League...yeah. Rocket League has less players. But what does that matter? It's still wildly popular. They're still gonna make content for the people playing. Plus, you should expect more free or cheaper content because you have to pay for the base game. That was why I brought it up. The model is going to be different.

• NO NAME verified Mar 19, 2019, 04:17 AM

TearOutMyEyes  When you want to stop arguing semantics and irrelevant things like a 15 year old, then we'll talk. Half your arguement is just that my guy.

• LonerBoner™ LV.6 Nomad Mar 19, 2019, 05:01 AM

Dude this is so cool to see how you guys are keeping it cool and not saying completely irrelevant things to the topic like Woah. Beautiful. Honestly enjoyed reading this more than any book out there

• Funky Bunch LV.23 Poppin’ Bottles! Mar 19, 2019, 07:14 AM

I agree. I've been so hyped for the battle pass and the end result is disappointing to say the least. I'm still gonna get it and I'm still gonna keep playing but for how much the community has been hyped up for it, this was a real let down.

• Sweet_088 LV.5 Lurker Mar 24, 2019, 11:52 AM

It’s the first battle pass. Apex has been out for a hot minute. Relax.

• KPF Wolf LV.2 Lurker Mar 19, 2019, 02:54 AM

Nice

• PugsyGunner LV.23 Shadow Mar 19, 2019, 03:00 AM

Oh yeah bois its gonna be noob like tomorrow

• TGSxxACE LV.12 Chief Mar 19, 2019, 03:02 AM

Cool

• gamer180207317 LV.27 Shadow Mar 19, 2019, 03:02 AM

OMG I can’t wait

Home