The Daily Moot (3/14/19)News Picks
1. Battlefield V Official Firestorm Reveal Trailer
Dice just released a reveal trailer for Battlefield V’s battle royale mode ‘Firestorm.’ Last week a tutorial video for the game mode leaked, where a narrator explained some of the details of Firestorm. This video, in comparison, is way more cinematic and exciting. We can see destructible buildings, vehicles, and everything else that is classic Battlefield. We also now have a release date for Firestorm. The battle royale mode will release on March 25th.
2. Ninja got Paid $1 Million to Play Apex Legends A report from Reuters has claimed that popular streamer Ninja was paid $1 million USD to stream Apex Legends when the game launched. When Apex Legends ‘surprise’ launched on February 4th, dozens of streamers had sponsored streams lined up. Presumably, none of them got paid as much as Ninja. While Ninja has shifted his streams back towards Fortnite these days, the promotional streams definitely seem to have worked out for EA as Apex Legends is constantly toward the top of Twitch.
3. New Co-op Zombie Game ‘Back 4 Blood’ Announced The studio that developed the original Left 4 Dead has announced they’re making another co-op zombie shooter. While the developers, Turtle Rock Studios, have said they’re “going back to their roots” for this game, they also stressed this is NOT Left 4 Dead 3. Back 4 Blood is brand new, original intellectual property. Back 4 Blood will feature both a campaign and PVP combat, and there won’t be a battle royale mode. The game is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC but it does not have a release date yet.
4. Hearthstone Expansion ‘Rise of Shadows’ Revealed Blizzard has just announced the next Hearthstone expansion, which will feature 135 new cards. The Rise of Shadows expansion introduces the League of E.V.I.L., which features a collection of past villains who are returning to the game. The first new mechanic revealed so far is Schemes, which are spells that grow in power every turn they’re in your hand. Lackeys are also a new mechanic; Lackeys are cheap minions that get added to your hand, sort of similar to Spare Parts from the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion. Finally, Twinspells are spells that add a copy of themselves to your hand when you cast them the first time.
5. Overwatch’s New Hero Baptiste will be Live next Week Overwatch’s 30th hero will be coming to live servers on all platforms on March 19th. Baptiste will be the seventh support character in Overwatch. The combat medic has a submachine gun that can launch healing Biotic Grenades. He can also heal with his Regenerative Burst ability. Hopefully Baptiste will shake things up in Overwatch a bit using the two very unique abilities, Immortality Field and Amplification Matrix. Are you excited to try Baptiste?
================== Do you want Moot Coins?! Are you funny, witty, or clever? No? None of the above? Well, enter the Moot Caption Contest anyway! Here's a link: