The Daily Moot (3/13/19)
1. PlayerUnknown is No Longer Working on PUBG
Brendan Greene, perhaps better known as PlayerUnknown, is shifting to a new position with PUBG Corp. that will take him away from directly working on the game named after him. Greene is moving from Seoul to Amsterdam, where he will lead a new division of PUBG Corp. called PUBG Special Projects. According to Greene, the new group will focus on “exploring, experimenting, and creating new technologies, tools, pipelines, and gameplay.”
2. PS4 Players Get Blackout Hardcore Mode The Hardcore Blackout mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now available on PS4. Hardcore Blackout features no HUD, armor, vehicles, or zombies in an attempt to provide a more serious version of the popular battle royale game mode. This update is a part of the Shamrock & Awe event to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. There is also new vehicles, the ability to inspect weapons, and new Gestures and Callouts at the Victory Screen.
3. Fortnite Reorganizes Cross-Platform Defaults Epic Games included a small section in yesterday’s V8.10 patch notes that address crossplay matchmaking. Starting with this new update, Xbox One and PS4 players will be combined in their matches by default. Additionally, Nintendo Switch players and mobile players will be paired against one another. You can still play with friends on any platform, but these are the new default options for those who opt into crossplay.
4. Fallout 76 Introduces Free ‘Wild Appalachia’ Update Wild Applalachia is the first of many free content updates that will come to Fallout 76 over the coming months. Starting today, you can complete the Wasted on Nukashine questline to unlock the ability to brew and distill drinks. Today’s update also added a reporting tool that will finally allow you to report cheaters or griefers as you encounter them.
5. We can now Stream Games from PC to an Xbox One You can now use Microsoft’s Wireless Display app to stream PC games to your Xbox One. While there may be a small market for this feature, it is still nice to see Microsoft offering the option to those who may want it. Perhaps an Xbox One is the cheapest option you have available to connect your sweet gaming PC to your large flat screen TV in the other room.
================== Do you want Moot Coins?! Are you funny, witty, or clever? No? None of the above? Well, enter the Moot Caption Contest anyway! Here's a link: