Team Moot verified Admin
May 24, 2018, 05:47 AM 4,319 read

The Daily Moot (5/23/18)

News Picks

1. Battlefield V Reveal!

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (5/23/18) image 2

Let’s just start by saying the reveal was incredibly underwhelming… Battlefield V seems like a complete reiteration of the previous Battlefield titles with a few new animations and moving techniques. The dev team revealed that there will be a big focus on campaign, co-op, Tides of War (unique chapters), and new ways to customize your characters, weapons, and vehicles. One cool aspect of the game is the lack of premium passes and the inability of paying to win. You will only be able to unlock items and enhance your gameplay by playing the actual game! With that said, unless the team over at DICE is waiting to reveal something huge, this game seems to have already been beaten by Black Ops 4. We would love to hear your thoughts so please share in the comments below!   See the trailer below:

2. Runescape Classic is Shutting Down   The original version of Runescape from 2001, Runescape Classic, is officially shutting down. It is a sad time for die-hard fans but there is good reason for the game being shut down as it is too easy to abuse and bot. The dedication and overall commitment from Runescape Classic is second to none. The servers are going offline on August 6th around 1 pm, so you better play as much as you can while it is still available!

3. Double GTA$ Through This Weekend!   Due to unforeseen issues with the GTA V Online servers this week, Rockstar is making from now through this weekend a double GTA$ weekend! The offer will be available through the game modes Motor Wars, VIP and Biker Work, as well as Trap Door. Check out the full article from PCGamer for all of the special GTA V Online special offers!

4. New SCUF Vantage PS4 Controller Sony has officially created a new controller for the PS4 in order to rival the pristine Xbox Elite controller. The new controller is called the SCUF Vantage and it offers players the ability to play games at peak performance. The controller is set to launch with summer with the wired controller going for $170, while the wireless controller with run you $200. Check out the article from IGN to see all of the controller’s specs!

5. PlayStation to Come Out with Portable Gaming Console?   Josh Kodera, the new head honcho of PlayStation, said the company has plans to dabble in the portable console industry. There are no set specifics just yet, and PlayStation is in no position to share any details at all with the public just yet, but something may be on the way in the coming years. It only seems right for other companies to get in on the portable console scene after the unprecedented success of the Nintendo Switch. It will be interesting to see if these statement flourish into something real!

Comment 40

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 06:28 AM

Couldn’t disagree more... This is everything battlefield players have been asking for and then some, it’s impossible to please the gaming community. You say this is the same game as previous iterations, yet you say black ops 4 has already beaten battlefield 5? Black ops 4 is literally black ops 3.

• Dylan verified Admin May 24, 2018, 07:34 AM

It pleases the BF community (which is all it really has to do) and that is it. There will not be any new fans to the franchise unless they announce something drastically new in a couple of weeks.

BLOPS3 is so different from BLOPS4. 4 added a battle royale game mode (will bring in so many new fans), has new weapons with unique weapon upgrade and attachments, new operator system with their own specialties and upgradeable perks, as well as an enhanced overall mechanic of how the game is played (shooting, recoil, boots on the ground, etc...).

So while I know B5 is going to be a decent game, it will not be much different than its predecessors and won't have much of a wow factor. Thanks for the feedback tho! This is what Moot is all about, having discussions relating to video games.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the reply, Dylan. I personally think bf5 looks fantastic, but I am excited for both games. Call of duty battle royale sounds amazing and I can’t wait to see more. I wish dice would do the same thing with Battlefield, it would fit that game perfectly.

• Dylan verified Admin May 24, 2018, 08:03 AM

I genuinely have a feeling that they did not tell us everything that will be included in BF5. Keep your eyes peeled!

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 08:07 AM

While I would be satisfied with the battlefield they showed today, more content never hurts!

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 01:55 PM

They've already confirmed this, and have told people to keep watching for more information soon. I think that they are going to announce something epic

• Owenl11 LV.8 Nomad May 27, 2018, 07:17 AM

Tbh I think most people like me will go for black ops just cos bf1 was great at the start believe me i loved it but it just became quite boring because there wasn't a lot of customization available.. I think a lot of people like myself would of preferred a developed version of bf4 or a completely new modern warfare game

• Fox_WTR LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2018, 01:07 PM

You are crazy if you think CoD is going to bring in new fans just because they added a battle royal mode to the game. Fortnite already offers this and it is f2p. If the history of gaming has taught us anything you are not being innovative by copying a more successful platform. As for BF, the last game beat out 2 CoD games in terms of money and players, I don't seen anything innovative coming out of this new CoD that will give it an edge over BFV.

• Dylan verified Admin May 24, 2018, 01:32 PM

You realize that Fortnite was not the first battle royale right? It’s not who did it first, it’s about who did it right. I am not saying BF5 will be a bad game I am just saying BLOPS4 will be more successful.

A lot of company’s are seeing what Epic games is doing right now and are learning from it. Fortnite is the role model for the future of games and AAA studios are taking notice. It might not be today, it might not be in a year, but one game will take over the number one spot and BLOPS4 is looking like a very solid candidate.

• Fox_WTR LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2018, 02:19 PM

It may not of been the first battle royal but they have set the standard. Just as WoW is the standard for mmo,s (unfortunately) LoL is the standard for MOBA, Fortnite is now the standard for battle royals. No game from this point will knock them off their throne by copying what they are doing. I will say again you are not being innovative by copying another game format you are just following trends. If the biggest selling point of BOPS4 is the battle royal mode it will be dead in two weeks. On the other hand BF devs have a rep of working with and taking suggestions from the player base in an effort to create a better game. They also do free dlc and have no pay to win weapons.

• Dylan verified Admin May 24, 2018, 03:08 PM

We will just have to wait and see! I love the conversation though man, this is what Moot is all about 😎

• BASIC LV.6 Dragon May 24, 2018, 04:53 PM

Im not a big fan of the new Battlefield V too, but i still have to disagree with your point. You say Battlefield is not brining new stuff and then you list stuff that will be new in CoD, but its exactly the same stuff that they anounced in the Battlefield reveal. There will be different upgrades for weapons too. There will be different archetypes in each class, there will be alot to make sure not everyone plays the same classes and has the same playstyle

Sure a Battleroyal Mode would ne fun , but i dont think every Game needs one. I will wait dir some more gameplay, because I think the new movement system and all the Teamplay based Changes will really Change the Game to the better. Maybe Not new Fans, but old ones that left BF because of bf1 will return.

• DickensCider LV.13 Chief May 24, 2018, 08:49 AM

I think you couldn’t be more wrong, Moot team. Don’t let a 2 minute trailer determine a game before we’ve seen any gameplay.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 08:51 AM

Agreed.

• Lowtown454 LV.2 Lurker May 24, 2018, 08:57 AM

Gonna be tottaly honest with you........this might be better than cod ww2, I'm not upset about the game and I LOVE battlefield. At least they didn't take a leap into the future this time 🤔

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 08:47 AM

If you feel this way go to westies ( Westie) channel and watch his video, it blows my mind on all the stuff and mechanics they are adding.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 08:51 AM

I personally disagree, I think the reveal was nice. Alot of people are complaining about cosmetic skins and the game looking to colorful. Well hate to break it to you but the WORLD is colorful, it will be nice to jump to the ww2 era and get away from a the single shot type of guns. And into something a bit different!

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 01:56 PM

A reiteration ?

We have new gameplay mechanics, the new fortification system, a new coop mode that is portrayed as tactical, a real soldier customization, Ground Operations, etc ...
    How is that a reiteration ? Did BF 1943 had all of that ? No ! It’s a different experience from the previous Battlefields !

I’m glad they didn’t fall into the Battle Royale trap, ‘cause that trend is going to die eventually.

I’m just hoping there is more weapons than in BF1.

EDIT : there’s a video of JackFrags explaining all the changes coming with BF V, you got 25 min worth of changes presented, lots of which weren’t talked about during the reveal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xegBXGaFrOU

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 02:04 PM

Well said!

• Dhori LV.2 Lurker May 24, 2018, 08:47 AM

This game will be amazing 🤞🏼

• AcidicBuble LV.16 Wizard May 24, 2018, 08:58 AM

i think bfv looked awesome. yea it looked like the same old stuff but i loved the bf1 enough to be ok with a second one a lot like it. i get everyones excited for bo4 but to me it seems a lot like a cash grab of everything thats doing well right now. while its innovative for the SERIES in terms of industry its nothing new and its really just taking everything thats been done and putting on a new platform. and COD lost my faith a WHILE back. not to mention unless they changed peer to peer connection on consoles for the battle royale. that is a going to be a completely trash experience.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 02:01 PM

I for one am not excited about Black Ops 4, be I lost my faith in CoD a long time ago. Until they stop catering to console players and bring back the days of large team combat in CoD like it was originally, with dedicated servers I could care less.

I'm definitely looking forward to BattlefieldV though.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 08:50 AM

For some reason, I feel like the trailer was recorded all on a movie set, and it felt very unnatural and restricted.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 08:53 AM

Bruh battlefeild was a huge letdown hands down awards to it, but really going world war again

• King.keith16 LV.3 Lurker May 24, 2018, 08:55 AM

So before I make my statement I just want to say I'm all for the women empowerment. But it does feel like they shove it in our face to the point that you know it isn't genuine. I just don't understand trying to accommodate to people that don't care about the game.(Yes I know all types of people play the game) Just simply want it to be in there for the sake of being apart of it. It's really not about it being in there it's just the principal of making decisions like box are and the trailer seem to be the push of making sure everyone is happy instead of it being something THEY wanted to have.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 01:59 PM

Just keep this in mind while not a lot of people believed that women were apart of anything in the military. It's a false belief. Women have taken part all throughout time. Look up the "Night Witches" for an example. An all women bomber brigade who fought against the Nazi's.

• King.keith16 LV.3 Lurker May 24, 2018, 02:01 PM

I'm not saying they weren't. I'm alk cool with them being on the multiplayer. I'm not the one to be upset stuff like that because at the end of the day it's a game but just feels like they are just trying to save themselves from criticism than genuinely want women on their game

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 02:03 PM

I don't see a problem with it personally, but I definitely get your point. I think sometimes a company tries to hard to satisfy particular fan bases.

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 09:03 AM

Bruh it was amazing

• gamer582681835 LV.18 Sage May 24, 2018, 09:19 AM

R.I.P. Runescape Classic and a piece of my childhood

• Lil Karma LV.14 Chief May 24, 2018, 10:04 AM

I actually loved battlefield 1 and seeing battle field V I think it looks great I would rather buy that then cod black ops 4 cause honesty it looks the same as the 3rd just no trust so yeah I would get battle field V instead

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2018, 10:13 AM

Battlefield V won’t be a failure, it has much more cool features than black ops 4 (which has some stuff from black ops 3). The only failure was the trailer, though there will NOT be a lot of women with a mechanical arm (it isn’t robotic) in the finished game’s multiplayer. At least it has campaign and black ops 4 DOESN’T have. Please understand.

Home