The Daily Moot (2/13/19)News Picks
1. Apex Legends Patch Brings Valentine’s Day Items and Bug Fixes
The first patch for Apex Legends goes live today, bringing some much-needed bug fixes. The patch also introduces some Valentine’s Day cosmetics to the store, which will be available tonight at 6pm PST. There is also the Live Die Live Banner Badge, which you can get if you revive a member of your squad between today and February 19th. If you need teammates to squad up with, head on over to the Apex Legends lounge here on Moot!
2. Nintendo Direct Happening this Afternoon There will be a Nintendo Direct happening this afternoon where Nintendo will share some of their plans for 2019. This has actually been the longest time between Directs, with the last one airing on November 1st last year. The focus will probably be on games coming to the Switch, both in the form of new releases and game ports from other systems. There may also be information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, like new fighters coming in the form of DLC. Tune into Nintendo’s website at 2pm to watch the direct and see for yourself!
3. Rainbow Six Siege is Free This Weekend Starting tomorrow, you can play Rainbow Six Siege for free on all platforms through Sunday. If you decide you like the game enough, you can buy it on sale and even keep your progress you made during the free trial. During the free trial you will have access to all maps and game modes to truly test the game. Ubisoft recently readjusted prices for all versions of Rainbow Six Siege, making the game more affordable than ever.
4. Blizzard Says There are no Major Games Planned for 2019 It’s been an interesting couple days for those following Activision-Blizzard. Yesterday, the company announced last year’s record sales numbers. Then, they fired hundreds of employees. Now, Blizzard Entertainment has announced they won’t be releasing any ‘frontline’ games this year. Hopefully this means they’ll be reinvesting in existing titles, but with them pulling developers away from Heroes of the Storm it seems like we’re getting mixed signals.
5. Next Call of Duty Game will have a Campaign There were two notable aspects of Black Ops 4; the first was the inclusion of a battle royale mode and the second was the exclusion of a single player campaign. Activision confirmed this year’s Call of Duty game will include “an entirely new campaign,” plus multiplayer and co-op game modes. This year’s Call of Duty is coming from Infinity Ward, the developers who made Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Infinity Warfare, Ghosts, and the Modern Warfare trilogy.