Team Moot verified Admin
Jan 18, 2018, 05:02 AM 807 read

The Daily Moot (1/17/18)

News Picks

1. New Overwatch Map   Overwatch is getting a brand new map in the next update called “Blizzard World.” Blizzard world is a Blizzard themed amusement park which includes everything from other Blizzard games such as Heroes of the Storm and Starcraft. It is time to get excited because the update is expected to roll out on all systems in a few days on January 23rd. Click the link to see the full teaser video highlighting the new map!

2. New Interactive Experience for the Switch   Nintendo is expected to make another announcement sometime today that will highlight the new interactive experience for the Nintendo Switch. It is said that this new feature with be targeted to kids and those who are kids at heart. It is good to see that Nintendo is keeping their users updated and engaged with what seems to be weekly updates. Fans everywhere are anxious to hear what is announced today, however this will only scratch the surface of what is to come for the Switch in the future (Pokemon and Super Smash).

3. New Fable Title is in Development   It has recently been announced that Playground Games is currently in development of a new Fable game. Microsoft is said to have made a heavy investment in the open-world action RPG with over 200 people working on it. It will be tough to replicate such an awesome and well known game with a brand new team, but Playground Games is certain they will do a good job and please the masses. The game is a long ways away from being released but rest assured it will be very hyped by the time it comes around.

4. Overwatch League Hits Amazing Numbers in First Week   In the first week of the Overwatch League there were over 10 million total unique viewers which came to an average of about 280k per minute. It was known going into it that there was expected to be a high amount of viewers, but the Overwatch League blew those expectations out of the water. For those of you who thought OWL would flop, you should heavily reevaluate your opinion. The OWL is looking like it will be here for the long haul.

5. Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition Review   Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition has been receiving a whole lot of hype since it was announced back in October. According to IGN, the game is rated as a 9 which, in their terms, qualifies as “amazing.” Click the link to check out an in depth review of the new Arcade Edition of Street Fighter.

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (1/17/18) image 11

Comment 2

• NO NAME verified Jan 18, 2018, 08:37 AM

I've already seen the new Blizzard World map, well i'm a Overwatch geek, so of-course i have. Feb 23rd? Nice. Next patch then.

Yeah, the twitch viewers for the Overwatch league were like 300k on the first stream.
    It seems as successful as anything i've ever seen. :)

• ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP Jan 20, 2018, 06:01 AM

Always in the mood for a new Fable game, though preferably not one of the side games.

Home