The Daily Moot (1/31/19)
1. New Overwatch Map set in Paris is now on the PTR
A new Overwatch map called Paris is available on the Public Test Realm (PTR) as of today. Paris is an assault map, like Temple of Anubis and Volskaya Industries. The attacking team needs to capture two different points, while the defending team tries to stop them. The map is full of iconic Parisian scenery set beside the famous Seine river. Iconic landmarks include the Cabaret Luna, Pâtisserie Galand, and the grand palace Maison Marat. It is unknown when the map will come to live servers or whether it will be included in the first stage of the OWL.
2. Cross-play in Sea of Thieves Will Soon be Optional Sea of Thieves has experienced a surge in popularity recently, due in large part to several big streamers picking the game up as a change of pace from Fortnite. The pirate game looks to continue growing, as a PvP mode called Arena is coming to the game soon. Before that happens, console players will gain the ability to opt out of cross-platform play if they so choose. If you’ve been considering Sea of Thieves, today is the last day to purchase the game for half off.
3. Mario Kart Tour Delayed to This Summer If you haven’t heard, Nintendo is developing a Mario Kart mobile game which was originally set to release before March of this year. The game, titled Mario Kart Tour, has now been delayed until at least this summer. According to Nintendo, the game is being delayed “in order to improve quality of the application and expand the content offerings after launch.” While waiting a few extra months is annoying, an incomplete game would certainly be worse.
4. Subnautica: Below Zero Releases in Early Access Despite the confusing name, Subnautica: Below Zero is actually a paid stand-alone game and not just an expansion to the original Subnautica. Like the original game, Below Zero is an underwater exploration game set on an alien world. Specifically, Below Zero “challenges you to survive a disaster at an alien research station on Planet 4546B.” Subnautica was one of 2018’s best games, with an interesting premise, satisfying game mechanics, and an attentive developer. Hopefully Below Zero impresses us as well, but remember this first Early Access version of the game will certainly lack some polish.
5. Fear the Wolves Set to Launch Next Week Fear the Wolves is an intense post-apocalyptic battle royale game from the studio that developed Stalker. The game has been available in Early Access since August, but it is now set to officially launch on February 6th. The launch will be accompanied by a “massive update,” which features a new artifact system, a new Wolf Matriarch mutant, new lockdown areas, and more. The new items should mix things up a bit in Fear the Wolves to celebrate the game’s official launch.
==================== You know what it is, it's the Moot Caption Contest and it's the best way to get stacks of free Moot Coins! Click the link below to enter!
==================== New items, get you're new items here! We're bringing sweet new items to Moot Coin Shop every day this week, check 'em out!