The Daily Moot (1/30/19)
1. League Play is Coming to Black Ops 4 Soon, on PS4 First
League Play is the competitive ranked mode for Black Ops 4 that was originally slated to release in December. After taking some extra time to work on it, Treyarch is ready to release League Play in mid-February, but only for PlayStation 4. PC and Xbox players will eventually get League Play, but they will need to wait at least a couple extra weeks. While people generally accept certain features releasing on platform before another, this feature is already over a month later than originally promised which has caused both the PC and Xbox communities to be understandably upset.
2. Sony is Shifting First Party Development to Next Gen Console Sony is apparently having its first-party studios shift their focus to developing games for the PlayStation 5, which may release as early as next year. Apparently, PlayStation 5 developer kits are out there in the world and studios are generally happy with the new system’s specs so far. On top of the first-party stuidos, several third-party publishers like Bethesda and Activision are openly working on next-gen games. Despite the looming announcement of the PlayStation 5, there are still a couple unannounced games for the PlayStation 4 using existing intellectual property.
3. Pirahna Plant now Available in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate We knew the Piranha Plant was coming to Super Smash soon, but we didn’t expect it to be this soon. With the release of version 2.0.0 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the Pirahna Plant is now available to play for anyone who has purchased the game or purchases it before tomorrow. The 2.0.0 update adjusted the moves of several fighters, which can be viewed in the patch notes. In addition, the Spirit Board can now be played with up to four players. View the full details of the new patch at the link below.
4. The Division 2 Private Beta will have one Endgame Mission The Division 2 will have a private beta from February 7th to February 10th, where players will be able to experience a bit of everything. There will be two main missions, five side missions, one dark zone, and open world play. Additionally, players will get to test the game’s endgame content starting on the second day of the beta tests. Players will get access to a level 30 character and some of the game’s most iconic weapons, like the crossbow, grenade launcher, and sniper rifle. To gain access to the private beta all you need to do is preorder the game.
5. Rocket League Championship Series Season 7 Features a $1M Prize Pool The Rocket League Championship Series is returning for a seventh season, this time featuring a prize pool of more than $1 million USD. The RLCS will also introduce a new region in the new season. South America joins North America, Europe, and Oceania as the regions where competitions will take place. The new season will also see esports cosmetics for sale in-game, with a revenue sharing model in place so players can support their favorite teams.
==================== You know what it is, it's the Moot Caption Contest and it's the best way to get stacks of free Moot Coins! Click the link below to enter!
==================== New items, get you're new items here! We're bringing sweet new items to Moot Coin Shop every day this week, check 'em out!