The Daily Moot (1/29/19)
1. Fortnite Patch v7.30 Vaults Bolt Sniper, Adds Chiller Grenades
In what may be a controversial move Epic Games has decided to vault the Bolt-action Sniper Rifle in patch v7.30. The Bolt-action Sniper Rifle is one of the game’s oldest and most iconic weapons. Alongside it, the Burst Rifle, Heavy Shotgun, and the SMG have been vaulted. Coming out the vault in this patch is the Suppressed SMG. Finally, patch v7.30 introduces the Chiller grenade which knocks back and freezes enemies.
2. Destiny 2 Update Buffs Golden Gun, Nerfs Blade Barrage Today’s Destiny 2 update includes some big weapon changes for a few different classes. The Gunslinger’s Golden Gun will now do 40% more damage to bosses. Blade Barrage, on the other hand, has had its impact damage nerfed. The impact from Blade Barrage will now deal a measly 35 damage instead of 150, but to compensate the explosion damage will deal 250 instead of 150. Also, you can now damage yourself with Blade Barrage if you stand too close to the blast. Check out the full patch notes at the link below.
3. Fallout 76 Patch Nerfs Two Shot and Explosive Legendary Damage A new Fallout 76 patch has nerfed the powerful combination of the Explosive legendary mod with Two Shot legendary weapons. The Explosive legendary mod will now only give +20% base damage instead of +100% for explosive area of effect damage and the Two Shot legendary effect’s damage bonus has also been reduced from +100% to +25% of base damage. The same patch also caps player carry weight at 1,500 pounds over the player’s current maximum carry weight. Bethesda says this is to help with server lag, as it should reduce the overall number of items in the game.
4. It is now Easier to Rank Up in Hearthstone Beginning with the February Ranked Play season it will be slightly easier to rank up through the lower ranks in Hearthstone. Currently, it takes 5 stars to rank up through most ranks but in the new season it will only take 3 or 4. This change is actually effectively reverting Hearthstone to the game’s older ranked model; before the March 2018 season ranking up was very similar to how it will be again.
5. Fortnite’s NFL Skins Return for Superbowl Weekend Starting February 1st, Fortnite’s NFL uniform skins will be available in the in-game shop. The NFL uniforms were available for a short period of time earlier in the football season but have not been in the shop for a few months now. Additionally, the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots will get a special white version of their uniforms in Fortnite to celebrate their Super Bowl appearances. Finally, there’s a new NFL Rumble Limited Time Mode; teams of 20 will face off against one another, with everyone wearing either a Patriots or Rams uniform.
==================== You know what it is, it's the Moot Caption Contest and it's the best way to get stacks of free Moot Coins! Click the link below to enter!
==================== New items, get you're new items here! We're bringing sweet new items to Moot Coin Shop every day this week, check 'em out!