The Daily Moot (5/9/18)
1. Pink Mercy Skin in Overwatch to Support Breast Cancer Research
Until May 21st, players can buy a limited time Pink Mercy skin in Overwatch. The skin costs $15 and 100% of the proceeds go toward breast cancer research. If you’re not interested in the in-game skin or want to support the cause even further you can also purchase a limited-edition shirt for $30. Finally, a series of Twitch Drops are available for users who watch sponsored charity streams on twitch over the next couple weeks.
2. Battlefield 5 Will Have Single Player In a report yesterday, the EA CEO revealed more information about the upcoming Battlefield 5. Included in the revealed features is a single player campaign, probably similar to the single player experience in Battlefield 1. We also have been told the game will include a dedicated co-op mode and potentially battle royale as well.
3. Dota 2 Getting a Battle Royale Inspired Game Mode The Dota 2 International 2018 is coming up soon and with it comes the 2018 International Battle Pass. This year’s battle pass includes plenty of goodies for players, but the most exciting new feature is The Underhollow. The Underhollow is a new game mode that is suspiciously similar to a battle royale game. Teams of three will fight to be the last squad standing in a map that slowly pushes you toward the center. Sound familiar? This game mode will probably only be a limited time thing, but it is exciting to see MOBA games get involved with the battle royale genre.
4. God of War Gets Photo Mode Starting Today Starting today, players will be able to take and share photos in God of War. God of War is an absolutely beautiful game so it is not a surprise that the development team wants to enable their player base to share that beauty with the world. The photo mode comes with robust features, like preset filters to change the look of your photos. One of the coolest features, though, is the ability to change the facial expressions of Kratos and Atreus.
5. Details for Han Solo Content in Battlefront 2 Revealed The Han Solo Season for Battlefront 2 is slated to start on May 16th and bring several new types of content. Jabba’s Palace is a new multiplayer map, set in the Dune Sea on Tatooine, that will be available in Blast, Hero Showdown, and Heroes vs Villain. The new Hero Showdown will be a 2v2 elimination mode where the winner team from each round will need to pick different heroes for the next round. There will also be a batch of The Last Jedi-inspired cosmetics introduced to the game.