The Daily Moot (1/24/19)
1. ESL Announces a Fortnite Tournament at IEM Katowice
ESL is one of the biggest organizations in gaming when it comes to hosting tournaments. This year Intel Extreme Masters Katowice will feature Fortnite for the first time. The Fortnite tournament will span across two weeknds and feature a prize pool of $600,000 USD. The first weekend, the top 100 Polish players will battle. The next weekend, 100 international players will battle it out to be the last duo standing.
2. Sea of Thieves is 50 Percent Off This Week Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer pirate game that looked promising during beta testing but upon release the game lacked the content necessary to maintain a player base. Since then, Rare has constantly added to the game and they’re capturing the attention of gamers. Notably, several big streamers have taken the game over the past few weeks, breathing new life into the pirate world. For the next week, Sea of Thieves is 50% off. Now’s the perfect time to buy into the pirate hype and take to the seas.
3. PUBG Lite Open Beta Starts Today PUBG Corp. opened up a beta for PUBG Lite today to all players. PUBG Lite, as its name suggests, is a trimmed down version of the game for players with systems that couldn’t properly handle the graphically intense game. PUBG Lite is, and will forever remain, free to play. The current beta only includes Erangel and third-person mode, but you can play solos, duos, or squads. Apparently, additional maps and game modes will come to PUBG Lite eventually.
4. Cyberpunk 2077 Head Writer Joins Blizzard Sebastion Stepien was both the head writer for Cyberpunk 2077 and a creative director for The Witcher 3. According to his LinkedIn profile, he has left CD Projekt Red and taken a job at Blizzard. This may actually be promising for Cyberpunk 2077, as it could mean the game doesn’t need any more writing and is nearing a release. What Stepien is working on for Blizzard is still unknown, but it may be a new Diablo game?
5. Fallout 76 ‘Survival Mode’ Beta Set for March Bethesda just revealed more information about Fallout 76’s upcoming PvP mode and set a tentative beta date. ‘Survival Mode,’ as it’s called, will be separate from the main game which is now called ‘Adventure Mode.’ When you launch the game you’ll choose which to play. You can use an existing character or choose a new one. Survival Mode is a lot like the main game, but all players outside of your party are immediately flagged as hostile. Most of Survival Mode will be subject to change either before, during, or after the beta based on what the community likes and dislikes about it.
====================== Another week, another caption contest! Click the link below to enter the Moot Caption Contest and earn up to 500 Moot Coins!
====================== New lounges are here! Check out the new lounges for Anthem, Brawl Stars, Gears of War, and Resident Evil. Links to the new lounges are in the post below!