The Daily Moot (1/22/19)
1. Fortnite Introduces Snowman Disguises in Patch V7.20
We’ve said it before and we’ll probably say it again: the best game in the world just got better. You can now disguise yourself as a SNOWMAN (or woman) using the Sneaky Snowman item. The Sneaky Snowman comes in stacks of five. Primary fire will throw a projectile that creates a destructible snowman and secondary fire will cause you to wear the Sneaky Snowman. The patch also adjusted drop chances for shields and mobility items and vaulted the Quad Rocket Launcher, Port-a-fortress, and Grappler.
2. Blizzard Reveals WoW 2019 Esports Plans Blizzard has revealed their plans for esports events in 2019 and there’s a little bit for everyone. The Arena World Championship is returning to pit the best arena players against each other. There will be two seasons each in North America and Europe, qualifying players for the World Championship at the end of year. The Mythic Dungeon competition also returns, this time open to all competitors. Get through five level 14 Mythic dungeons between February 26th and March 12th and you’ll unlock the tournament realm, where you can compete in time trials and move on.
3. League of Legends Cinematic ‘Awaken’ Celebrates Start of 2019 Season The League of Legends ranked season kicks off in just two days and Riot has released an awesome cinematic to celebrate. ‘Awaken’ is another in a long line of impressive League of Legends cinematics; the music is beautiful, the characters are full of personality, and the visuals are stunning. This week also marks the start of League of Legends professional leagues.
4. Blackout’s next Limited Time Mode is ‘Ambush’ The Call of Duty companion app apparently leaked information about Blackout’s next limited time mode before players were meant to know. Treyarch has since confirmed the information that ‘Ambush’ will be the new limited time mode. In Ambush, players will only have access to sniper rifles and melee weapons. It will be a few weeks until players get a crack at Ambush, as Down But Not Out will continue to run on all platforms. Once Down But Not Out is gone, Ambush will be available immediately.
5. FIFA 19 Update Fixes Overpowered Goal Shooting FIFA 19 introduced to the series a featured called Timed Finishing. It was meant to be a risk/reward mechanic that encouraged players to take more control over where exactly their shot would be aimed. Unfortunately, the mechanic was far too forgiving and even poorly timed shots were going toward the net. The new update fixes this, and players will be punished more for poorly timing their shots. Good looks, EA.
====================== Another week, another caption contest! Click the link below to enter the Moot Caption Contest and earn up to 500 Moot Coins!
====================== New lounges are here! Check out the new lounges for Anthem, Brawl Stars, Gears of War, and Resident Evil. Links to the new lounges are in the post below!