Team Moot verified Admin
Jan 13, 2018, 04:03 AM 1,104 read

The Daily Moot (1/12/18)

News Picks

1. Bungie’s Plan to Fix Destiny 2   Bungie released a lengthy statement on the state of Destiny 2 and how they intend to fix the game in 2018 and so on. The community has been in a rage for a long time ever since the game came to be. Destiny 2 has not lived up to its hype at all and is somewhat of a “copy and paste” of the original Destiny. What Bungie had to say is important and helpful, but many people are saying it is not even close to enough. Check out the statement by clicking the link and leave your comments in the section below!

2. Major League Soccer Announces Gaming Soccer League   The MLS is following in the NBA’s footsteps by creating a new segment of esports for their sports entertainment company. The eMLS will feature the best players from the U.S. and Canada to represent 19 MLS teams in order to crown the champion. This will eventually lead to a Global Series Playoffs, followed by the Fifa eWorld Cup 2018. This is a huge step for fans and players in gaming and the sport of soccer! The season will kick off this year sometime in early April.

3. New PS4 Controller with Xbox Controller Layout   The excuse of not liking the controller of one system is no longer an excuse for Xbox players. Hori is releasing a new controller that is officially licensed by PS4 with the layout of an Xbox controller. The new controller will initially be released in the U.K. on January 15th so the company can assess how well the controller will sell in a bigger market like the U.S. To see pictures, check out the link from Polygon!

4. 21 Best Upcoming Video Games in 2018   2018 is going to be one hell of a year for the gaming industry. eSports are becoming more of a household name, new technology is being diligently worked on, and most importantly, brand new games are coming that will shake up the market. Check out the list by Jake Swearingen from vulture.com to see the 21 most anticipated games coming out in 2018!

5. SOS to Get Early Access Later This Month   The social survival gamer, SOS, will be giving their players an early access later this month. The game will be available January 23rd on Steam for a reasonable price of $29.99. This game is much different than the populer PUBG or Fortnite as it has many different aspect and play styles within its gameplay. Throughout this week and next there will be much more details that explain what else will be released in SOS on the 23rd of January.

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (1/12/18) image 11

Comment 7

• Donnie Spriggs LV.5 Lurker Jan 13, 2018, 04:59 AM

I don’t think it’s enough, I think the main concern of the game is the lack of content and the quality of the DLC so far. I think they should not focus so much on trying to change the way destiny 1 felt because a lot of that game was great and all the DLCs felt better than this one

• NO NAME verified Jan 14, 2018, 11:19 AM

I think they should of kept it in the works, it’s similar as hell to destiny 1, and it’s still very boring.

I think it’s right to fix this on a whole.

• NO NAME verified Jan 14, 2018, 10:31 PM

Bunjie is realising that scanning their playerbase is not good for the longrun although this a different team improving the game the "live team" the janitors of sorts cleaning up the mess left by the 'launch team' I believe it was called. Destiny 2 is becoming what destiny 1 was but that's not necessarily good because at the moment it should be becoming more than what destiny 1 was but i guess i can only dream.

• Sir Blitz#3464 LV.34 Mythic Jan 16, 2018, 01:01 PM

It's your destiny to dream

• NO NAME verified Jan 17, 2018, 02:46 AM

Ooo I like that saying!

• Zure678 LV.5 Lurker Jan 13, 2018, 08:37 AM

These updates going to make this a to a little bit easier to work with though I only wish that during heroic or standard strikes that we could still was the team that we have worked with instead of having to create a fireteam team in the main screen.

• ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP Jan 14, 2018, 02:27 AM

Bungie is going in the right direction, at long last. Their release schedule screwed them a bit, but they knew well enough that they shouldn’t have followed the Destiny year 1 pattern for DLC for the very same reasons - it’s too much in too short of a time for development, and not enough content is included outright. Eververse and lack of content overall were the other major issues, and of course they should’ve seen those problems too. Here we are though, in a place where the various issues have been acknowledged and we are moving forward. Hopefully the community at large can contain their salt and move forward as well. It’ll take time, but the game will improve step by step.

Home