The Daily Moot (1/12/18)News Picks
1. Bungie’s Plan to Fix Destiny 2 Bungie released a lengthy statement on the state of Destiny 2 and how they intend to fix the game in 2018 and so on. The community has been in a rage for a long time ever since the game came to be. Destiny 2 has not lived up to its hype at all and is somewhat of a “copy and paste” of the original Destiny. What Bungie had to say is important and helpful, but many people are saying it is not even close to enough. Check out the statement by clicking the link and leave your comments in the section below!
2. Major League Soccer Announces Gaming Soccer League The MLS is following in the NBA’s footsteps by creating a new segment of esports for their sports entertainment company. The eMLS will feature the best players from the U.S. and Canada to represent 19 MLS teams in order to crown the champion. This will eventually lead to a Global Series Playoffs, followed by the Fifa eWorld Cup 2018. This is a huge step for fans and players in gaming and the sport of soccer! The season will kick off this year sometime in early April.
3. New PS4 Controller with Xbox Controller Layout The excuse of not liking the controller of one system is no longer an excuse for Xbox players. Hori is releasing a new controller that is officially licensed by PS4 with the layout of an Xbox controller. The new controller will initially be released in the U.K. on January 15th so the company can assess how well the controller will sell in a bigger market like the U.S. To see pictures, check out the link from Polygon!
4. 21 Best Upcoming Video Games in 2018 2018 is going to be one hell of a year for the gaming industry. eSports are becoming more of a household name, new technology is being diligently worked on, and most importantly, brand new games are coming that will shake up the market. Check out the list by Jake Swearingen from vulture.com to see the 21 most anticipated games coming out in 2018!
5. SOS to Get Early Access Later This Month The social survival gamer, SOS, will be giving their players an early access later this month. The game will be available January 23rd on Steam for a reasonable price of $29.99. This game is much different than the populer PUBG or Fortnite as it has many different aspect and play styles within its gameplay. Throughout this week and next there will be much more details that explain what else will be released in SOS on the 23rd of January.