The Daily Moot (5/7/18)
1. Fortnite Gets Infinity War Crossover, You Can Play as Thanos
Fortnite’s new limited time mode is a saucy one, as players will be able to play as Thanos in an Avengers: Infinity Wars crossover. Thanos’s gauntlet will actually appear on the map and any player who picks it up will transform into Thanos, powers included. The crossover came about because the directors of Infinity War, like basically everyone else in the world right now, are huge Fortnite fans.
2. Radical Heights Introduces a Player Scanner in New Update Radical Heights might perfectly sum up the current battle royale trend. The released in early access with tons of bugs but is somehow still amazingly fun to play. The second update to Radical Heights brings some fixes to the BMXs in the game and a new character scanner. The scanner will let players see the location of enemies when used. This should accelerate the pace of play in the mid and late game, something players have been asking for.
3. Boston Uprising Secure Overwatch League’s First Perfect Stage The Boston Uprising were the top seed heading into the Overwatch League playoffs after finishing out the last stage with a perfect 10-0 match record. The Uprising were in sixth place coming into the stage and lost one of their star players, DreamKazper, to allegations of inappropriate behavior. The Boston Uprising still made it to the stage 3 grand finals, although they were ultimately taken down by the New York Excelsior.
4. PUBG’s 4x4 Map Receives Official Name, Open Beta This Week PUBG’s upcoming map, previously called Codename: Savage, finally gets an official name. The new map is called Sanhok, which combines the Thai word for ‘fun’ and the Filipino word for ‘chicken.’ The map is based on southeast Asian islands, like Thailand and the Phillipines, so the name is appropriate. Sanhok will be available in an open beta on PC starting this Thursday evening through Monday morning.
5. First Details for Rainbow Six Siege’s Operation Para Bellum Operation Para Bellum will bring two new operators to the game, as well as a new map. We know both of the new operators are defenders but we don’t yet know about the new map. The new Operation will also introduce a Pick & Ban system, a mainstay in competitive games such as League of Legends and DOTA 2. The full reveal for Operation Para Bellum will take place during the Rainbow Six Pro League Finals on May 19th-20th on twitch.