The Daily Moot (1/16/19)
1. EA Cancels Open-World Star Wars Game
Back in 2017, EA announced they were working on an open-world Star Wars game. The game was originally a project from Visceral Games that was not going to be open-world, but Visceral Games shutdown and EA inherited the project. EA decided to begin the project anew and felt an open-world game would have the most success. Now, we have received the unfortunate news that EA has canceled the project. It is rumored that EA canceled the open-world project in favor of a different, smaller Star Wars game they will be able to bring to market sooner.
2. Black Ops 4 Zombies gets Double XP to Celebrate 115 Day Elemental 115 is significant to the Call of Duty Zombies lore, so Treyarch decided to celebrate 115 Day (January 15th) with a few days of doubled XP for Zombies. Until Friday the 18th you’ll receive double XP and double weapon XP, plus you’ll even get double Nebulium Plasma. PlayStation 4 players can also experience a new mode called Gauntlet; in Gauntlet there are 30 rounds, each with a different challenge. Failing a round gives your team a strike, and three strikes mean you’re out.
3. The Division 2 Private Beta Dates Announced Ubisoft has revealed the private beta for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will begin on February 7th. The beta will only run for a few days, ending on the 10th. Players can gain access to the private beta by pre-ordering The Division 2 or by registering on the game’s website, however those spots are limited. Ubisoft also released a new story trailer today, exploring the game’s Washington DC setting a bit more.
4. Elder Scrolls Online Expansion ‘Elsweyr’ Announced Elder Scrolls Online’s next major expansion is titled Elsweyr, and will see players journeying to the land of the Khajiit. The expansion will be similar in size to last year’s Summerset expansion, and will tell a roughly thirty-hour long story over the course of the next year. Players will help the Khajiit defend their homeland against invading Imperials and dragons. Elsweyr is bringing dragons to Elder Scrolls Online for the first time, and Bethesda has promised these dragons will be more difficult to defeat than the ones we remember from Skyrim.
5. Black Desert Online’s 50-player Battle Royale Launches Today Black Desert Online is an MMO game with many complex in-game systems that collectively provide players with an incredibly deep play experience. Today, BDO has sunk to the level all games apparently have sunk to; today, BDO introduced a battle royale mode. The Shadow Arena is still just an early access version, but players can test out the 50 player battle royale mode. Players will start as a spirit but can become one of the game’s classes as the battle progresses.
==================== As is tradition, there's a new caption contest this week! Click the link below to enter the Moot Caption Contest and have a chance to win up to 500 FREE Moot Coins. Good luck!