The Daily Moot (1/4/19)
1. Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Won't Include Bowsette
Bowsette came into existence when it was revealed that a new item existed in the upcoming Super Mario Bros game called the Super Crown. The Super Crown is used by Toadette and turns her into Peachette. Fans speculated that the crown could then combine any character with Peach, even Bowser. Bowsette fan art took the internet by storm for a few days, but now an item description for the Super Crown has been posted by Nintendo that clarifies the crown can only be used by Toadette. Oh well.
2. Hitman: Blood Money and Absolution Remasters Releasing Next Week IO Interactive announced this morning the remastered versions of Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution will launch January 11th on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The games feature both graphical and mechanic updates, including 4K visuals at 60 FPS, improved textures, improved lighting, updated controls, and more. There is also a digital-only package called the Hitman HD Enhanced Collection, that will cost $60 and presumably include the remastered versions of both games.
3. Batalj Beta Extended and Open to All Batalj is a 1v1 strategy game that we had not heard of before today, but it has been in closed beta for about a month now. Although the beta was supposed to end with the new year, the developers instead announced they’re extending it until January and are making beta keys easily accessible. The game offers turn based combat, but with the unique twist where turns resolve simultaneously. If you want to try the game for yourself, check the article below to see how you can get yourself a beta key.
4. Bethesda’s Lawsuit against Westworld Mobile Game has been Resolved A few months back, Bethesda sued Warner Bros. over an alleged copyright violation. Bethesda claimed a Westword mobile game was a ripoff of their own Fallout Shelter mobile game. Now, Bethesda has released a very brief statement saying the two parties reached an “amicable” resolution, but provided no further details. The Westworld mobile game is free to play and remains available on both iOS and Android phones.
5. New Pokemon Movie may be a Remake of the Original Movie Fans are speculating the upcoming Pokemon movie, Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, will be a CGI remake of the original Pokemon movie from 1998. After a new trailer released, some believe the theory to be even more likely. The new trailer shows a clip that is entirely CGI, which has also led some to speculate the new movie will be entirely CGI. Clearly, not much is known about the movie that will release later this year. What would you rather see? An entirely new story or a remake of the classic movie from almost 20 years ago.
===================== Make sure you check out this week's Caption Contest! FIVE winners will earn Moot Coins just for submitting a funny caption. Click below to enter!