The Daily Moot: Operation Neon DawnNews Picks
1. Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Neon Dawn
The long-awaited new “supercharged” Rainbow Six Siege season Operation Neon Dawn is finally here. The final season of Year 5, Operation Neon Dawn brings several exciting changes to the game including a Skyscraper map rework, improved accessibility features, and a brand new operator named Aruni. Aruni is a Thai defender equipped with “Surya Gate,” a unique gadget which enables her to neutralize enemy drones and projectiles. Rainbow Six Siege Operation Neon Dawn is live now; you can check out the freshly-released story trailer for the new season below.
2. Black Ops Cold War XP Changes Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has now implemented new changes designed to make levelling up weapons just a little bit easier. Treyarch announced in yesterday’s patch notes that weapon XP rates have been permanently boosted in both multiplayer and zombies game modes, although they didn’t provide specifics as to how significant the boost is. A persistent bug which throttled the XP rates of solo zombies players has also been fixed, which means that players who frequently play zombies solo will likely see very noticeable improvements to their experience gains. Lastly, Treyarch also announced plans for more double XP events which are expected to arrive periodically throughout December.
3. Xbox Series X/S Update Microsoft has begun rolling out its very first major update for the Xbox Series X/S. The update introduces a host of new features including dynamic backgrounds, badges for optimized games, and the ability to add existing Xbox family members to a new console. Of these, the new dynamic backgrounds will likely be the first thing to grab players’ attention. There are 6 different dynamic backgrounds to choose from and Microsoft intends to “explore additional styles, colors, and designs” as “fan feedback on the feature has been very positive.” The update also included “the usual bug fixes and performance improvements,” but Microsoft didn’t provide specifics and declined to mention whether or not the console’s often-buggy Quick Resume feature had been fixed.
4. DOOM Eternal: Super Gore Nest DOOM Eternal just got a brand new master level called “Super Gore Nest.” Often considered to be among the most challenging levels in the DOOM series, many players were surprised by the relative lack of master levels in DOOM Eternal. On release, Eternal only offered 1 master level to most players with an additional level available for those who pre-ordered the game. Bethesda promised back in March that more would be coming in the future. Now, nearly 9 months later, it seems the future has finally arrived. The new “bigger, badder, beefier Super Gore Nest” features “remixed demon encounters that bring an all-new combat experience” to the game. The Super Gore Nest master level is live now on all available platforms and DOOM Eternal itself is set to arrive on the Xbox Game Pass for PC on December 3. You can check out the trailer for the level below.
5. Fall Guys Ringus Dingus? Fall Guys is adding more shenanigans to the game, this time in the form of penguins and Christmas bells. As with many of the game’s previous updates, Mediatonic is calling on fans to decide the name of one of the key aspects of the upcoming holiday affair: the swinging bell. The options to choose from are Ringus Dingus, Slay Bell, Swingding, and Swinging Belle, but as of right now Ringus Dingus leads the pack by a significant margin. Not many details about the actual event have been released yet, but it is expected that Mediatonic will unveil their plans during the Fall Guys showcase at The Game Awards on December 10.
P.S. There's a new Among Us event happening this week on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check it out below!