Team Moot verified Admin
Nov 13, 2020, 07:13 AM 1,388 read

The Daily Moot: PlayStation 5 Has Arrived

News Picks

1. PS5 Launch

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: PlayStation 5 Has Arrived image 2

The PlayStation 5 is officially here. The long-awaited, next-generation PlayStation finally launched today, joining the Xbox Series X/S in the new era of console gaming. Like the arrival of the new Xbox just 2 days ago, availability of the PS5 on release day has been sporadic and many retailers have been going through a cycle of selling out and getting new stock over the course of the day. This has been the case for both versions of the console, the standard edition of which costs $500 while the digital edition costs $400. You can check out the launch trailer featuring the new PlayStation-exclusive Demon’s Souls, which just launched today alongside the PS5, below.

2. Destiny 2 Guns Removed   The highly-anticipated Destiny 2: Beyond Light expansion just went live a couple of days ago, but Bungie has already had to make changes due to bugs and other unforeseen issues. This includes the complete removal of 2 of the game’s brand new exotic guns: the Rose hand cannon and Witherhoard grenade launcher. The Rose hand cannon was supposed to be nerfed in a hotfix from 150rpm to 140rpm but the fix didn’t work so Bungie disabled the gun entirely. The Witherhoard grenade launcher on the other hand had a bug that made its damage over time effect a guaranteed kill in PvP. Bungie is currently investigating a host of issues with the new expansion so it might be a few days before the guns find their way back into the game. In the meantime, you can check out the new Season of the Hunt trailer for Destiny 2: Beyond Light below.

3. Plague Inc: The Cure   Plague Inc now has a new expansion out called “The Cure.” In stark contrast to the game’s regular gameplay, The Cure game mode will have players attempt to “save the world by controlling the global pandemic response” amidst a plague. The new expansion, which developer Ndemic Creations is calling the game’s “biggest yet,” is available for free for all players who own the base game from now “until COVID-19 is under control." You can check out the teaser for The Cure expansion below

4. No Apex Legends Quads   Respawn has confirmed that Apex Legends will not be getting a 4-player quads mode. Apex Legends design director James McCord announced, “We don't have any plans to release Quads. It's chaotic in a negative way. We needed to decide this early on in testing. Trios is the magic number for us.” While it’s important to note that this announcement doesn’t rule out the possibility of a 4-player LTE mode, this certainly is not good news for those who were hoping for the arrival of competitive quads.

5. Half-Life: Alyx Developer Commentary   Half-Life: Alyx just got a new game mode featuring in-depth commentary from the game’s developers. The update adds more than 3 hours of new content to the game via 147 different “points of interest” which players can interact with to hear the developers talk about “every aspect” of the game. It's important to note that Valve highly recommends players beat the regular game before trying the developer commentary mode as it contains “significant spoilers.” You can check out the Half-Life: Alyx commentary update trailer below.

P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   Destiny 2: Beyond Light Event:

PS5 Celebration Twitter Event:

Comment 24

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Nov 13, 2020, 07:15 AM

hmmmm... interesting... I'm one of the people who don't got a ps5....

• MiniMozzie LV.20 Bamboozled Nov 13, 2020, 10:14 AM

You just can't hate on the PS5 my g's

• FDAL00709 LV.23 I'm a Bot Nov 13, 2020, 07:14 AM

Didnt the digital cost 450 not 400?

• @shroomp_youtube LV.8 PlayStation Nov 13, 2020, 10:08 AM

No it was 400 USD

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 Champion Nov 13, 2020, 07:44 AM

Apex quads are number 5 when they should be number 4

• @shroomp_youtube LV.8 PlayStation Nov 13, 2020, 10:08 AM

Lucky bois i tried to get it but it sold out in 2 minutes

• RushLord LV.1 Mootie Nov 13, 2020, 10:10 AM

Yes the long waited ps5 the sold out in 2.5 seconds is here 😂😂😂

• Reloopo LV.7 Team Player Nov 15, 2020, 08:59 AM

hu

• gamer530939223 LV.1 Mootie Nov 13, 2020, 10:07 AM

What 🤩

• Imran Elashi LV.7 Nomad Nov 13, 2020, 10:16 AM

Getting mine tommorow 💪

• gamer350758042 LV.1 Mootie Nov 13, 2020, 10:21 AM

Heard it got a over heating problem frying motherboards but idk

• Papa Requiem LV.12 Beast Nov 13, 2020, 10:31 AM

Rose isn't exotic. And neither it, nor Witherhoard are brand new. Witherhoard came out last season and Rose came out over a year ago. Get your journalism right.

• Xethriel LV.20 Assassin Nov 13, 2020, 10:32 AM

I want a ps5 q.q....

• SuperMilkChan(• ▽ •) LV.23 Looking for teammates! Nov 13, 2020, 10:38 AM

i already pre-ordered a ps5 so POG

• iamdanielyoon LV.24 GG Nov 13, 2020, 10:39 AM

Want. Can't have

• AIO Gamer LV.4 Lurker Nov 13, 2020, 03:52 PM

1440p isn't supported and that's a big negative thing

Home