Team Moot verified Admin
Nov 11, 2020, 06:46 AM 561 read

The Daily Moot: Next-Gen Gaming Has Arrived

News Picks

1. Xbox Series X/S Launch

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Next-Gen Gaming Has Arrived image 2

Next-gen gaming is finally here. With today’s launch of the Xbox Series X and Series S, the next generation of consoles has officially arrived, ushering in a new era of console gaming. The Xbox Series X will enable players to enjoy 4K resolution gaming at up to 120 frames per second and provides the improved hardware that developers need in order to make more demanding, resource-intensive games. The all-digital Xbox Series S is slightly less powerful than the Series X, but significantly cheaper at $300 compared to $500. Both consoles are available now but most retailers have had intermittent availability so it may require some looking around before you find a store that has one in stock. You can check out the official launch trailer for the Xbox Series X/S below.

2. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla   Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has officially launched. The 12th mainline game in the Assassin’s Creed series, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is set during the Viking invasion of Britain and has players assume the role of a fictional Viking raider named Eivor. The game was originally expected to launch on November 17, but Ubisoft decided to advance the release date in order to coincide with today’s launch of the Xbox Series X/S. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available on both current-gen and next-gen systems and will be arriving on the PlayStation 5 when it launches on November 12. You can check out Ubisoft’s official deep dive trailer for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla below.

3. Fortnite Monthly Subscription?   It looks like Fortnite may soon be getting monthly subscriptions. No announcements have been made yet, but Epic Games has reportedly been sending surveys to players asking for opinions on a monthly subscription package. The package would include the current season battle pass, an outfit pack that will give players cosmetic items before they arrive in the shop, and 1,000 V-bucks each month. The proposed price points range from $5 to $19 and it seems like player reception has been positive overall. It’s important to note that none of this news means that Fortnite will actually be getting a monthly subscription for certain, but it’s clear that the idea is very much on the Epic Games radar.

4. Genshin Impact Leaking Phone Numbers   Genshin Impact has apparently been accidentally exposing users’ phone numbers. The issue revolves around the password recovery process which prompts users to verify the mobile phone number associated with their account. Instead of providing a censored version of the phone number for verification, a bug made it so that the page displayed the entire uncensored number for some users. This meant that any hacker who tried to steal an account by resetting its password was also able to acquire the phone number linked to the account. Developer miHoYo has since fixed the issue, but it’s unclear how many users had their data leaked before the bug was patched.

5. Cyberpunk Release Date Confirmed   CD Projekt Red has re-confirmed the release date of Cyberpunk 2077 to be December 10. This news comes after rumors recently began circulating claiming that the long-awaited game would be getting delayed yet again. CD Projekt Red responded by saying, “As a rule, we don’t comment on rumors or speculation” but would confirm “the new launch date of December 10.” While this wouldn’t be the first time that the game got delayed after the studio “100% confirmed” its launch date, this news should still be reassuring to the many fans who are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Cyberpunk 2077 just one month from today.

P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   PS5 Celebration Twitter Event:

Among Us Weekly Event (Week 3):

Comment 12

• Master Penguin LV.21 Elite Four Nov 11, 2020, 06:47 AM

love from xbox series x❤

• NO NAME verified Nov 11, 2020, 07:47 AM

lets all be honest xbox series x can run games better but people want the ps5 because they want more features which is truly a retarded reason. but im going to get the xbox when it hits costco it will be 100$ less will come with two controllers and a 6 month free game pass

• NO NAME verified Nov 12, 2020, 04:22 PM

My friend was telling me about how party chat on PS5 is monitored. Man I remember when you could say whatever you wanted on Xbox live. Definitely sticking to pc tho.

• NO NAME verified Nov 13, 2020, 12:31 AM

your right youve got a good choice pc is infinitely customizable and they get more powerful each day, but hey you can always say whatever the fuck you want on discord.

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Nov 11, 2020, 08:21 AM

I'm luck my phone number wasn't leaks I already have to many robo call other random numbers would be annoying...

• Rxse LV.16 You're a Bot Nov 11, 2020, 01:01 PM

too bad i'm good with my trusty switch ;-;

• D1zZy_310 LV.14 Chief Nov 12, 2020, 12:13 PM

More like mini fridge series x/s or gaybox series x/s

• Code_vex7478 LV.15 JUST SEND IT Nov 11, 2020, 08:18 AM

Hope to see further developments in graphics such as 8k

• Opal_Fox Gaming LV.30 JUST SEND IT Nov 11, 2020, 10:22 AM

Fortnite monthly subscription would be kind of a good idea but at the same I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to pay monthly for a game :/

• AIO Gamer LV.4 Lurker Nov 13, 2020, 03:54 PM

xbox is a beast in performance ♥

• Jayce Dilworth LV.1 Mootie Nov 13, 2020, 09:52 PM

why is the xbox siri a box

• Reloopo LV.7 Team Player Nov 15, 2020, 08:59 AM

yes

Home