Team Moot verified Admin
Oct 28, 2020, 05:56 AM 1,791 read

The Daily Moot: Cyberpunk Delayed Again

News Picks

1. Cyberpunk Delayed Again

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Cyberpunk Delayed Again image 2

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed once again. Despite the fact that the game went gold earlier this month, which means that it’s officially been approved for launch, CD Projekt Red has decided to push back the release date in order to continue “working on it and raising the quality bar.” CD Projekt explained that although the game is technically ready, their “biggest challenge” with Cyberpunk right now is optimizing it for “current-gen, next-gen, and PC at the same time,” which requires the studio to “prepare and test” 9 different versions of the game. Studio head Adam Badowski said, "We feel we have an amazing game on our hands and are willing to make every decision, even the hardest ones, if it ultimately leads to you getting a video game you'll fall in love with." Originally expected to launch on April 16, then September 17, then November 19, Cyberpunk 2077 is now set to arrive on December 10.

2. Xbox Games on PC   Xbox head Phil Spencer has confirmed that all next-gen first-party Xbox games will be coming to PC. Specifically, Spencer said, “if we are shipping a first-party game on PC it's coming to Steam and our own store,” but also acknowledged that Xbox console players may get some perks regarding “when certain things happen,” suggesting that timed exclusives are still a possibility. While this confirmation only applies to first-party games, it seems Spencer is hoping to apply this policy to third-party Xbox exclusives as well, but said that there “maybe little anomalies every so often and because of relationships and certain developers that want to do certain things.”

3. Ubisoft Next-Gen Enhancements   Ubisoft has revealed some of their next-gen enhancements for games like Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and Immortals Fenyx Rising on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. The exact enhancements vary between consoles and from game to game, but it’s clear that the vast majority of titles will be able to enjoy 4K resolution at 60FPS (with Rainbow Six Siege getting 4K resolution at 120FPS) and will be able to take full advantage of each console’s improved load speeds. Certain games, such as Watch Dogs Legion, will also be able to use raytracing technology, although this seems to be more of the exception than the rule. You can check out Ubisoft’s game-by-game breakdown of their next-gen plans below. https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/24pOdAVM0hnCzWWFiXxPga/ubisoft-on-the-next-generation-of-consoles-get-the-details

4. Baby Yoda Coming to Squadrons   Baby Yoda will soon be making his way to Star Wars: Squadrons as part of the upcoming “Mandalorian Supply Drop” update. This news is somewhat surprising considering that EA previously stated that Squadrons would not be getting any additional content after launch. The Mandalorian Supply Drop will introduce 8 new items to the game, but it seems that each of them will merely be cosmetic. The Mandalorian Supply Drop is set to hit Star Wars: Squadrons tomorrow, October 28.

5. Chris Metzen Warchief Gaming   Chris Metzen, the former longtime senior vice president of Blizzard, has now opened a new tabletop gaming company called Warchief Gaming. Metzen retired from Blizzard in 2016 after 23 years with the company, saying at the time that he wasn’t planning on “starting up new projects.” The former creative director for games such as Warcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch, it will be interesting to see what kind of vision Metzen can bring to the new platform in tabletop. You can check out the official announcement for Warchief Gaming below.

P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   Halloween Event:

Among Us Weekly Event (Week 1):

Comment 46

• AJR_99 LV.20 Gym Leader Oct 28, 2020, 05:58 AM

CD Project: Announce 18+ game

Also CD Project: Waits for everyone to be 18+

• MrMetalMan LV.3 Lurker Oct 28, 2020, 08:57 AM

i'd rather them delay it and make it good or never come out then have a dogshit game with a billion promises

• TooHighNico LV.10 Deadeye Oct 28, 2020, 10:33 AM

Literally bruh. Take any EA game for example 😂😂😂

• PG Gameover LV.3 Apex > Fortnite Oct 28, 2020, 08:49 AM

Settle down they are trying to perfect there game for players

• ThankedTwo8 LV.13 Bomb Defuser Oct 28, 2020, 05:58 AM

Cyberpunk is never coming out, let’s face it 😂

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Oct 28, 2020, 05:57 AM

Baby Yoda you say? best moot news ever!!!!

• K3rm1t The Fr0g LV.17 Try Hard Oct 28, 2020, 06:11 AM

Jesus man your everywhere 🤣

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Oct 28, 2020, 06:12 AM

sup kermit...

• K3rm1t The Fr0g LV.17 Try Hard Oct 28, 2020, 06:13 AM

Ah yes I will enjoy me tea. My delicious froggy tea

• K3rm1t The Fr0g LV.17 Try Hard Oct 28, 2020, 06:15 AM

• I’m_here_to_play_r6 LV.3 I'm a Bot Oct 28, 2020, 08:51 AM

man it’s like there’s a pandemic or sumin going on

• OverNarrated LV.17 Professional Noob Oct 28, 2020, 05:58 AM

I literally just searched what the cyber punk release date was and got this notification

• K3rm1t The Fr0g LV.17 Try Hard Oct 28, 2020, 06:00 AM

Let me just tell you that if Cyberpunk gets delayed again I won’t care because I wasn’t going to get the game anyway. But I know others are disappointed to hear this news sorry guys😢.

• MrSkye76 LV.2 Lurker Oct 28, 2020, 09:03 AM

I was really looking forward to this 😭

• MiniMozzie LV.20 Bamboozled Oct 28, 2020, 09:08 AM

This is getting ridiculous..

• Kills LV.29 Assassin Oct 30, 2020, 07:02 AM

Very Cool Mummy
  • Beauflex_04 LV.4 Lurker Oct 28, 2020, 08:48 AM

Fr I might cry it’s so sad

• Donald Hill LV.5 Lurker Oct 28, 2020, 08:52 AM

Stop complaining you supposed to be a grownup not a child

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 08:52 AM

MIGHT AS WELL JUST GO AND DELETE THE GAME ALREADY