The Daily Moot: Minecraft to Require Microsoft AccountsNews Picks
1. Minecraft to Require Microsoft Accounts
Minecraft will soon require all players to have a Microsoft account in order to play the game. This news is targeted at the large percentage of players who own the original version of Minecraft, the Minecraft Java Edition. This change means that players who currently sign into Minecraft with a Mojang account will be forced to migrate their Mojang account to a Microsoft account. Microsoft has made it very clear that “migrating from Mojang to Microsoft accounts is mandatory” and emphasized that “if you don’t make the move, in several months you won’t be able to log in anymore.” Microsoft will be migrating players in batches but reassured fans by saying that there is “no need to worry, because we’ll give you detailed and clear instructions on how to do so.” The first batch of migrations is set to commence in early 2021; you can check out Minecraft’s “Java Account Migration” announcement video below.
2. Genshin Impact Resin Changes Genshin Impact has now improved certain aspects of its Resin system. Resin is required to complete many of the game’s various activities and is particularly necessary once players near the end game. The update has now increased the maximum amount of Resin players can store from 120 to 160 and also reduces the cost of the weekly battle pass challenge from 1600 Resin to 1200. Despite the improvements, many players have argued that the changes fail to address the root of the problem: the rate at which Resin is generated. Players currently earn just 1 Resin every 8 minutes, meaning that players, especially those near the end game, are often able to drain their Resin much more quickly than it regenerates. With that said however, it doesn't look like Genshin Impact has any plans to adjust the rate any time soon.
3. Apex Legends Coming to Steam Apex Legends will soon be coming to Steam. This is just the latest game in the Electronic Arts library to make the move as EA slowly continues their migration back to Steam. The Steam version of Apex Legends will include full crossplay support with Origin and console devices, and players will be able to use the same account for both Origin and Steam and will have the ability to swap between them at any time. Players who login to the Steam version of the game at any point during Season 7 will be able to earn some free gun charms based on Valve’s Half-Life and Portal. Apex Legends will arrive on Steam alongside the launch of Season 7 on November 4.
4. Gears 5 Story DLC Gears 5 developer The Coalition has announced that a Gears 5 story DLC is in the works. Zoe Curnoe, the lead producer for the game, didn’t provide many details about the upcoming DLC, but said, “the title is Hivebusters, so it might give you a little hint as to what that content might contain.” As of right now, the Hivebusters squad currently exists in the Gears universe via the Escape game mode, but they never actually make an appearance in the game’s campaign. The Hivebusters DLC is set to arrive sometime in December of this year and will be available on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Seires X/S.
5. Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Raid Sucker Punch Productions has announced that an end-game raid called “The Tale of Iyo” will soon be coming to Ghost of Tsushima: Legends. Sucker Punch describes The Tale of Iyo as “the culmination of the story in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends” and strongly recommends that players complete all story and survival missions prior to attempting the raid. The raid itself will be divided into 3 separate chapters, each requiring a pre-arranged team of 4 high-level players with “excellent coordination and communication.” The Tale of Iyo update will also introduce weekly challenges to the game, enabling players to earn max-level gear for the raid, but Sucker Punch warns that “these missions are Nightmare Difficulty, intended to put you and your team to the test, and will be very difficult.” The Tale of Iyo is set to arrive on October 30.
P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below! Among Us Weekly Event (Week 1):
Rainbow Six Weekly Event (Week 14):