Team Moot verified Admin
Oct 14, 2020, 05:21 AM 1,784 read

The Daily Moot: Amazon's Crucible Shutting Down

News Picks

1. Amazon’s Crucible Shutting Down

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Amazon's Crucible Shutting Down image 2

Crucible, Amazon’s short-lived free-to-play shooter, will be shutting down for good. After the game launched to an overwhelmingly poor reception earlier this year, Amazon decided to un-launch it and bring it back into a closed beta period for improvements. Well, it seems that those improvements will never see the light of day as Amazon has now announced that they are shutting the project down entirely, saying, “ultimately we didn’t see a healthy, sustainable future ahead of Crucible.” While the game itself was free to play, it did include in-app purchases which Amazon will be offering full refunds for. The servers are set to shut down permanently on November 9.

2. Valorant Act 3   Valorant Act 3 is officially here, at least mostly. While Act 3 technically launched today, players will still have to wait somewhat for its 2 most highly-anticipated introductions: Icebox and Skye. Icebox is the game’s latest map and features a frosty terrain with a new zipline mechanic, but it will be restricted to the Unrated, Spike Rush, and Deathmatch queues for at least 2 weeks in what Riot describes as a “beta state.” Similarly Skye, the game’s upcoming new support Agent, won’t be arriving until October 27. In the meantime, players can enjoy the new battle pass along with a revamped Deathmatch mode which now supports up to 14 players and features extended match lengths with safer spawns. You can check out the battlepass trailer for Valorant Act 3 below.

3. Overwatch Halloween Event   Overwatch Halloween Terror 2020 is officially underway. The limited-time Halloween event brings back the co-op PvE mode Junkenstein’s Revenge, with this year’s edition introducing Baptiste and Ashe to the roster of playable heroes. Junkenstein’s Revenge will last for 3 weeks and each week will have 2 different challenge missions which add new mechanics to the game mode. As with every Overwatch LTE, Halloween Terror 2020 will have plenty of new cosmetics up for grabs including 5 new legendary skins, one each for Genji, Hanzo, Winston, Sigma, and D.Va. You can watch the trailer for Halloween Terror 2020 below.

4. Civilization 6 Pirates   Pirates will soon be making their way to Sid Meier’s Civilization 6. The new scenario will feature a sea-bound quest for treasure between 1-4 players, each with their own unique faction: Dread Pirate, Privateer, Swashbuckler, or Hoarder. The mode itself seems to be a throwback to one of Sid Meier’s very first games, “Sid Meier’s Pirates!” which first launched on the Commodore 64 back in 1987. The Pirates update is set to arrive on October 22 and will be free for all players who own the base game; you can check out the trailer for the update below.

5. Terraria’s Final Update   Terraria has just received its final update. Called “Journey’s Actual End,” today’s update follows up on the “Journey’s End” expansion which was released earlier this year. Although Re-Logic has made similar claims before, the studio expects that Journey’s Actual End truly will be the game’s final major update, bringing a close to nearly 10 years of Terraria expansions. In terms of content, the update includes balance changes, new achievements, and, most importantly, the game’s final NPC. You can watch the very brief "trailer" for Journey’s Actual End below.

Comment 29

• Killy LV.20 I’m the champion! Oct 14, 2020, 05:21 AM

Crucible unreleased itself

• Ricee MCXI LV.18 Try Hard Oct 14, 2020, 05:22 AM

F for Amazon

• Shoo LV.18 Rare Candy Oct 14, 2020, 06:53 AM

Wait... Amazon made a game?

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Oct 14, 2020, 05:35 AM

hmmmm... interesting... I should give Terraria a try one day...

• Rexamidalion LV.8 Mobile Oct 15, 2020, 01:07 AM

No shit

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 14, 2020, 05:29 AM

1) Never tried this game, but knowing it had bad feedback I guess it's good to get rid of it all together. I think Amazon has potential to get into the gaming business but they just need more time and brainstorming.

2) This made me sigh...
    its been how long? like a couple months at least...
    Cool...they have a new map, but wheres the agent? It should be more than ready. Also I saw people using her in beta testing or something and shes completely fine, if shes broken release her anyways and tune her kit as you get feedback. I swear Valorant just needs better Devs 😫

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 14, 2020, 06:40 AM

if they release her and she's broken, they get TONS of hate on social media, about "why they released an agent so broken" and "do you guys even do play testing?!?". A release right away might be cool for a couple hours, until you realize how BROKEN she is and start screaming about it on social media.

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 14, 2020, 06:49 AM

Maybe they should learn to code better...riot has repeatedly released op anything so maybe they should learn from it that's all I'm saying

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 14, 2020, 06:51 AM

I agree with that, but saying that clashes with what you said in your original post. in the post, you were saying go ahead and release her, and if she's broken then fix her, yet now you're saying that she shouldn't be op in the first place, so I see that as two different opinions. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, though.

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 14, 2020, 07:21 AM

I'm just saying if she is op they should be able to fix her rather quickly and if she is op that is there bad and they should be criticized for it. I'm also saying that maybe if they were good at coding they wouldn't have these problems in the first place. overall they need more coding experience and common sense

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 14, 2020, 08:12 AM

The thing about creating a character in a game, is that you mgith think they're balanced, but a player finds a sneaky strat with them, and suddenly they're the most broken thing to exist. no common sense or coding experience is going to allow them to predict how players will play that agent and what abilities may or may not be balanced.

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 14, 2020, 08:14 AM

Inlet46_YT  Then again if theres a broken thing people abuse they will patch it, same thing they did with cypher cams

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 14, 2020, 08:16 AM

Cow Boy Billy  yes, but that would more than likely unbalance the character and make them semitrash, and possibly require the character to be disabled for a while, possibly even longer than if we just wait for them to release it in a good state.

• Privatebutter65 LV.32 Dub Collector Oct 14, 2020, 05:24 AM

Civilisation 6 has pirates now??? I guess I know what game i’m getting

Seeing terraria get its last update is soo sad since i’ve been playing the game from when i was a kid

• GWS is history LV.28 Link Oct 14, 2020, 06:23 AM

Neve even heard of it

• Ms Hazy LV.17 I'm a Bot Oct 14, 2020, 05:44 AM

😱

• xXlonelyXx LV.23 Shadow Oct 14, 2020, 06:29 AM

The game was probably boring or sum 😂

• xXlonelyXx LV.23 Shadow Oct 14, 2020, 06:30 AM

F in the chat boiss

• M4NNY LV.20 Pokémon Master Oct 14, 2020, 06:35 AM

just sad

• NO NAME verified Oct 14, 2020, 06:42 AM

It's sad to see such a great game come to an end

you will always have a place in my heart terraria

• Lvngz LV.23 Duo queue god Oct 14, 2020, 06:46 AM

who plays crucible 🤣

• Slushii_ LV.24 Epic Oct 14, 2020, 07:56 AM

i never knew this game was i thing but im sad

• DIB Gaming LV.20 S Oct 14, 2020, 10:35 AM

damn

• Ordaniry_gamer LV.23 JUST SEND IT Oct 14, 2020, 12:16 PM

Aww thats so much sad news between Terraria being finished to Crucible being shut down its great to hear that they're doing refunds good to have good news with the Overwatch and Valorant I love the new skins especially with Echo, Sombra, D.va, and Reinhart I want the so bad especially echo she looks so cool really great design they made for her.

Home