Team Moot verified Admin
Oct 8, 2020, 05:41 AM 356 read

The Daily Moot: PS5 Breakdown

News Picks

1. PS5 Breakdown

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: PS5 Breakdown image 2

Sony has released a brand new breakdown video for the PlayStation 5 in which the vice president of PlayStation's mechanical division, Yasuhiro Ootori, literally breaks down the upcoming console and reveals all of its internal components. While we’ve long known the technical specs of the PS5, this new video provides the first true look at the console’s hardware and shows potential buyers exactly what they’ll be getting. One thing is immediately clear: the PS5 is designed to be easy to repair and upgrade. With removable sides and easy-to-access hardware components like the SSD, GPU, and cooling systems, it seems entirely possible for the more ambitious and tech-savvy players to tweak their consoles to become even more powerful than the PS5’s already impressive launch specs (be careful though: Sony warns that attempting to do so will immediately void your warranty). You can check out the PS5 breakdown video below.

2. Hyper Scape Season 2   Hyper Scape Season 2 is officially here. Although the hype for Hyper Scape has certainly died down since the game burst onto the scene in July, Ubisoft remains committed to improving the battle royale in an effort to return it to its former glory. Hyper Scape Season 2 begins that process, introducing the new Neo-Arcadia map to the game as well as a powerful new weapon called Atrax. A new limited-time game mode “Floor is Lava” is also expected to arrive in the coming weeks, with a Halloween event set to follow on October 20. You can check out the launch trailer for Hyper Scape Season 2 below.

3. Valorant Icebox   Valorant will soon be getting a new map called Icebox. As you could probably guess from its name, Icebox will be full of frosty, frozen terrain, bringing the tundra to Riot’s ever-expanding tactical shooter. It appears that the upcoming map will also be introducing a new zipline system to the game, although it’s currently unclear precisely how it will work. Despite Riot Games’ previous assertion that no new maps would be added until the game’s next major Episode, Icebox will in fact be arriving sometime during Act 3 of the current Episode, with Act 3 set to launch on October 13. You can check out the map reveal video for Icebox below.

4. Steam Game Festival   The Autumn edition of the Steam Game Festival is officially underway. This season looks to be a big one, with free demos of hundreds of different indie games available up for grabs. All of the games included in the festival are expected to launch within the next 6 months, making this the perfect opportunity to try before you buy. Despite the incredibly wide variety of demos available, you’ll have to make your choices wisely; while there’s no limit to the amount of games you can try, the festival will only last until October 13. https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamgamefestival

5. Frostpunk Board Game   It looks like Frostpunk will soon be getting a board game adaptation. The strategy survival game began a Kickstarter campaign for a tabletop edition yesterday, and achieved its $234,000 funding goal in just 54 minutes. Now sitting at over $850,000 raised, it seems like only a matter of time until the campaign, which will run until the end of this month, eclipses the million-dollar mark. Although no concrete release date for the game has been announced yet, Frostpunk: The Board Game is expected to arrive in October of next year. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glasscannonunplugged/frostpunk-the-board-game/

Comment 33

• Kiwizzle LV.25 Parasite Oct 8, 2020, 05:42 AM

so basically...it's another console🤔

• Invisible Hamster LV.25 Doubloon Digger Oct 8, 2020, 05:47 AM

More of a computer than a console at this point tbh. I've never seen a console that upgradeable.. it honestly looks easier to work on than most laptops.

• Kiwizzle LV.25 Parasite Oct 8, 2020, 05:50 AM

shhhhhhh, make this a comment instead of a reply to me

• Invisible Hamster LV.25 Doubloon Digger Oct 8, 2020, 05:52 AM

Why would I reply to you as a separate comment instead of a reply? That makes literally 0 sense. My point is that it's clearly NOT just another console cause there's never been a console before that lets you modify it like that. Ty for the downvote though lol

• Kiwizzle LV.25 Parasite Oct 8, 2020, 05:54 AM

its still just another console...there's nothing u could do to change my mind

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Oct 8, 2020, 07:31 AM

Upgrading a laptop is very hard

• Invisible Hamster LV.25 Doubloon Digger Oct 8, 2020, 04:36 PM

Exactly

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Oct 9, 2020, 12:12 AM

Yeah there will probably be videos soon titled “using the PS5 as a PC case”

• Haemschter LV.12 Looking for teammates! Oct 9, 2020, 05:17 PM

Lol nope

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Oct 10, 2020, 12:48 AM

Yeah I’ve done it before not fun

• Just Nathan LV.36 Dream Chaser Oct 8, 2020, 05:43 AM

Hmmm... interesting...

• Chandlerrox LV.13 Chief Oct 8, 2020, 05:43 AM

pog

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 8, 2020, 05:46 AM

1) Definitely going to check out that vid (Playstation is better)

2) Hyper Scape will try everything they want but no matter what the game is trash

3) Havent played Valorant in a long time mostly because I've found other games that are just better. Valorant has been really dry and I hope this upcoming update brings the fun feel for it again

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 8, 2020, 07:06 AM

Agree with the first 2 points, but I dont think valorant is dry rn, the patches and changes to the meta keep it interesting

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 8, 2020, 07:17 AM

Idk I'm the type of person that wants more variety with heroes and that's definitely something Valorant needs to work on

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 8, 2020, 08:27 AM

I'm sorry, but Hyper Scape trash? Agree to disagree, as it had mobility and interactivity that no other br has (at least in my experience) and has very interesting concepts.

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Oct 8, 2020, 08:31 AM

It has interesting concepts but its map is bland and its weapons hit for nothing. The mobility is a great thing in the game but with the added low hitting weapons it makes for a non enjoyable experience

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 8, 2020, 08:32 AM

fair enough

• Craigerator 33 LV.19 I'm a Bot Oct 10, 2020, 05:33 AM

takes 5 years to kill someone

• Inlet46_YT LV.9 Nomad Oct 10, 2020, 05:33 AM

not really, I can usually 2-3 shot someone as long as I play smart

• PoshyPosh LV.13 Default Savior Oct 8, 2020, 05:46 AM

Let’s goo another USB port

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Oct 8, 2020, 07:32 AM

There is this motherboard called the Portwell PEB-9783G2AR and it has 20 USB ports lol

• Xenoverse619 LV.15 Bandit Oct 8, 2020, 05:52 AM

hmm a binder or a fridge 🤔

• The Ramen Bandit verified LV.33 Bandit Oct 12, 2020, 09:57 AM

*eyes glowing* or b o t h

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Oct 8, 2020, 06:16 AM

Board games?

• Hellbat_01 LV.14 I'm a Bot Oct 8, 2020, 05:47 AM

honestly i want to buy both consoles but i want a pc too

• kxxvict LV.15 Fortnite > Apex Oct 8, 2020, 06:15 AM

imma just wait for the later versions to come out

• Protagonist LV.5 Rare Candy Oct 8, 2020, 09:15 AM

kinda pog

• Haemschter LV.12 Looking for teammates! Oct 9, 2020, 05:25 PM

Next Gen console... Yea, still without real 4K😂👍🏻

• GOAcriticYT LV.7 PlayStation Oct 10, 2020, 02:37 AM

🔥

• LegionOfMaksimus LV.11 Chief Oct 13, 2020, 08:28 PM

• Bailvice LV.3 Lurker Oct 14, 2020, 06:10 PM

Ooooh removable side panels..... maybe customisable?

• LlamaDude LV.20 S Oct 15, 2020, 06:49 PM

I Want Xbox

Home