The Daily Moot: Apex Legends CrossplayNews Picks
1. Apex Legends Crossplay
Cross-platform play has finally made its way to Apex Legends. Although Respawn says the feature is currently in beta, PC and console players can now team up and play together for the first time in the game’s history. Today’s update also introduced a new limited-time collection event called Aftermarket, as well as a temporary game mode called Flashpoint. Last but not least, Wraith received a nerf to her sprint animations which is designed to “expose a larger area of her body to gunfire.” You can check out the trailer for the Aftermarket update below.
2. Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Baldur’s Gate 3 early access is officially here. The third game in the Dungeons & Dragons-inspired series, Baldur’s Gate 3 was originally expected to launch in early access last month, but was pushed back until today in order to address “stability issues.” In comparison to the tabletop version of Dungeons & Dragons, Baldur’s Gate 3 will have 6 different classes, each with its own subclasses, and is designed to be more favorable towards the player. Multiclassing is expected to arrive in the future, but players will only be able to select 1 class during early access.
3. RTX 3080 Virtual Queue After yesterday’s news that Nvidia’s RTX 3000 series GPUs will likely be unavailable until next year, manufacturer EVGA has announced that they will be implementing a virtual queue enabling users to reserve an RTX 3080. The offer is limited to 1 card per household, and once your spot in the queue comes up, you’ll only have 8 hours to claim and purchase the card before it goes to the next person in line. While the queue will no doubt be extremely long, at least players will finally have a method of grabbing a next-gen GPU before the bots and scalpers buy up the entire stock.
4. Resident Evil Reboot The cast for the upcoming Resident Evil Reboot has been revealed. Although the original six-film series starring Milla Jojovich hasn’t exactly earned any accolades, it has brought in a lot of money: over $1.2 billion to be exact. Now, the series is set to start all over with a brand new cast. Producer Robert Kulzer explained the decision by saying, “!e felt compelled to return to the year 1998, to explore the secrets hidden in the walls of the Spenser Mansion and Raccoon City.” The reboot will star Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield, Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield, and Hannah John-Kamen as Jill Valentine. There’s no word yet on when the reboot is set to debut, but there’s also a CGI version of Resident Evil in the works called Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness which is expected to arrive on Netflix in 2021. You can check out the trailer for Infinite Darkness below.
P.S. We just started a new event in the Fortnite lounge with awesome prizes up for grabs; check it out below!
- Parker_17 LV.6 Nomad Oct 7, 2020, 11:56 AM
- SRxViking LV.5 Lurker Oct 7, 2020, 12:35 PM
- jkillr4264 LV.4 Fortnite > Apex Oct 7, 2020, 04:03 PM
haha all of you are pussies skill is skill and its clear none of you have any skill
- Starlitmold5396 LV.4 Lurker Oct 7, 2020, 10:35 PM
- aidan LV.5 Lurker Oct 8, 2020, 06:44 AM
- Nickymow LV.21 Let’s play Fortnite! Oct 8, 2020, 08:22 AM
Nice hope I can play apes with Xbox mate when I’m on pc 😃😀
- GOAcriticYT LV.7 PlayStation Oct 10, 2020, 02:33 AM
- GOAcriticYT LV.7 PlayStation Oct 10, 2020, 02:37 AM
- Sharkn LV.14 Bloodhound Main Oct 12, 2020, 06:45 AM
- LegionOfMaksimus LV.11 Chief Oct 13, 2020, 08:28 PM
- McChicky Nuggies LV.10 PlayStation Oct 18, 2020, 08:10 AM
I'm excited for crossplay