Team Moot verified Admin
Oct 6, 2020, 05:08 AM 559 read

The Daily Moot: Cyberpunk is Ready for Launch

News Picks

1. Cyberpunk 2077 is Ready for Launch

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Cyberpunk is Ready for Launch image 2

After years of waiting in anticipation, Cyberpunk 2077 is finally ready for launch. CD Projekt announced the news today by saying, “Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold!” which means that the game has officially been cleared for production. While this certainly doesn’t mean that work on the game is finished, it does mean that despite all of the delays and the recent implementation of development crunch, we really will be getting at least some version of Cyberpunk 2077 by the game's stated release date. Players can likely expect a hefty patch on Day 1 which will include all of the bug fixes and features that the team is able to develop between now and launch. Much of the game, including multiple DLCs and a multiplayer game mode, is set to arrive sometime after the game finally launches on November 19.

2. RTX 3000s Likely Unavailable Until 2021   Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang has bad news for the many PC gamers who have been hoping to get their hands on one of Nvidia’s new RTX 3000 series GPUs. Specifically, he said, “I believe that demand will outstrip all of our supply throughout the year.” Interestingly, Jensen Huang asserted that there is no issue on the supply side of things, but rather described the problem as a “demand issue,” saying that “this is a phenomenon like we've not seen in a long time, and we just weren't prepared for it.” This means that, although Nvidia is implementing certain anti-bot measures for the upcoming launch of the RTX 3070, the vast majority of players will likely still be unable to grab one. He did say that the company is ramping up production “really, really hard,” but it sounds like most people will end up having to wait until next year. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ceo-geforce-rtx-3080-and-3090-shortages-to-last-through-the-end-of-the-year

3. Minecraft Live   Minecraft Live took place this weekend, unveiling much of what’s to come in 2021. Developer Mojang let the Minecraft community determine the game’s next major mob, with a choice between Icelogger, Glow Squid, and Moobloom. Glow Squid came out on top and will debut as part of the upcoming Caves & Cliffs update, which will be revamping the world underground. Caves & Cliffs is set to launch during the summer of 2021; you can check out the update’s lengthy first look video below.

4. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remaster   Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered has officially been announced. The original Hot Pursuit launched back in 2010 and won numerous accolades including “Best Racing Game” at the 2010 Game Critics Awards. In addition to updated visuals, the remaster will also include all of the game’s DLC and will be implementing cross-platform play on launch. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is set to arrive on November 6 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and November 13 for the Nintendo Switch. You can check out the trailer for the game below.

5. The Witcher Season 3   It looks like the third season of Netflix’s The Witcher is currently under production. This news comes via the Writer's Guild of America, which has added “The Witcher Season 3” to the credits of the show’s executive producer, Lauren Hissrich. Even though the production of Season 3 is apparently underway, it will likely be a long time before it actually arrives considering that Season 2 is still yet to debut. Although no concrete release date for The Witcher Season 2 has been announced yet, it is expected to arrive sometime during the latter half of 2021.

Comment 16

• Opal_Fox Gaming LV.31 Aaaah! Oct 6, 2020, 05:09 AM

And all this time I thought it would come out in 2077 but I guess I was wrong

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Oct 6, 2020, 05:12 AM

hmmm... interesting...

• Ordaniry_gamer LV.23 JUST SEND IT Oct 6, 2020, 11:24 AM

I gotta check the Hot Pursuit it was was so fun but I was young so I didn't understand what to do well. It was actually one of the first consoles I played with my brother we didn't have wifi so I'm not sure if you could play online but it was fun until we tried to unlock the other car through a friend's method of using saved data but it just ended up ruining the game lol fun times.

• KamixanBxbeX LV.20 Lifeline Main Oct 6, 2020, 05:15 AM

CyberPunk 🥺🥰❤️ i can’t wait

• Not.Minato LV.24 I'm a Bot Oct 6, 2020, 05:16 AM

why is keanu reeves in this and I also just saw the ad

• SlumKing304 (Twitch) LV.19 Xbox Oct 6, 2020, 05:17 AM

🙌🙌 Finally!

• It’s Mr baguette LV.18 Professional Noob Oct 6, 2020, 05:30 AM

Wait this game isn’t just a myth

• Sparrowmule LV.6 Nomad Oct 6, 2020, 06:24 AM

amazing

• Nick_mvrs LV.5 Fearless Oct 6, 2020, 07:05 AM

Wake up samurai 😎😎