Team Moot verified Admin
Oct 2, 2020, 03:58 AM 1,143 read

The Daily Moot: Super Smash Bros. Minecraft

News Picks

1. Super Smash Bros. Minecraft

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Super Smash Bros. Minecraft image 2

Minecraft will soon be making its way to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Minecraft DLC will bring 4 of Minecraft’s most iconic characters to the game: Steve, Alex, Enderman, and Zombie. Although details are still sparse, some of the abilities that have been revealed include building, explosives, mine carts, and flying wings. If the upcoming collaboration surprises you, you’re not the only one: Game Director Masahiro Sakurai expressed his shock at the collaboration by saying, “Even I didn’t think this day would come.” No release date for the new Minecraft characters has been announced yet, but more details will likely be revealed during the Minecraft Live livestream event this Saturday.

2. Epic Freebies   Another week of freebies from Epic Games is here. This week’s free game is the surreal puzzle adventure game Pikuniku. You can grab your free copy of Pikuniku directly from the Epic Games Store from now until October 8. As long as you claim the game by October 8, it will stay in your library forever.

3. Overwatch Free?   It sounds like Overwatch may soon be available for free on PC. Overwatch League team Boston Uprising briefly hosted a link for free copies of the game on their website yesterday, but quickly took it down around an hour later, leading to widespread speculation about the possibility of Overwatch becoming free to play. Blizzard has now officially commented on the matter via Overwatch League Vice President Jon Spencer who confirmed that all Overwatch League teams will soon be giving away both Overwatch and OWL tokens. There’s no word on exactly when this promotion is supposed to start, but it’s worth keeping an eye on if you’re interested in the game and have yet to grab a copy.

4. Overcooked 2 Moon Harvest   Overcooked 2 just got a new, free DLC today called Moon Harvest. Moon Harvest brings the season of Autumn to the game, with a particular emphasis on the Mid-Autumn/Mooncake Festival which is celebrated in many countries across Asia including Japan, Korea, and China. In terms of content, the DLC introduces new recipes (including mooncakes), new perilous dangers, and 5 new kitchens. The Moon Harvest DLC is live now; you can check out the launch trailer for the update below.

5. Sea of Thieves Stand Up to Cancer   Sea of Thieves has announced a new partnership with the Stand Up to Cancer charity foundation. The partnership introduces a new cosmetic sail variant to the game called “Sails of Union.” The new sails are available for $6 and they glow with various stars and constellations during the nighttime. The proceeds will be donated to Stand Up to Cancer for purchases based in the United States and to Cancer Research for purchases made in the United Kingdom. The Sails of Union are available now through November 6; you can check out the announcement video below.

P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   Rainbow Six Weekly Event (Week 11):

Fortnite Weekly Event (Week 4):

Comment 45

• Phoenixfox LV.14 Chief Oct 2, 2020, 07:07 AM

I just texted my friend about this as I got the notification

• Kab365 LV.7 Fast as Lightning Oct 2, 2020, 07:07 AM

mind blown

• Kiwizzle LV.25 Parasite Oct 2, 2020, 07:17 AM

lmao...i just saw this

• iamdanielyoon LV.24 You're a Bot Oct 2, 2020, 07:29 AM

Smash Bros. really does have a giant roster 😮

• lonewolf#9003 LV.2 Lurker Oct 2, 2020, 07:42 AM

Y