Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 29, 2020, 06:26 AM 979 read

The Daily Moot: Genshin Impact

News Picks

1. Genshin Impact

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Genshin Impact image 2

Genshin Impact has officially launched. The highly-anticipated free-to-play RPG saw more than 10 million pre-registrations across the globe, and although it’s not an MMO, many players have been eager to try the game's surprisingly deep multiplayer gameplay. Much of the attention towards Genshin Impact has been focused on its open-world art style, which has frequently been likened to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Genshin Impact is available on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android; you can watch the launch trailer for the game below.

Also be sure to check out the new lounge for Genshin Impact right here on Moot:

2. Yakuza 7 Release Date   A new release date for Yakuza : Like a Dragon has been announced. The seventh mainline game in the series, Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be deviating somewhat from its predecessors, focusing on a new cast of characters and implementing a turn-based combat system rather than the real-time beat ‘em up style the series is known for. Unlike many games lately which have been getting delayed due to complications presented by the ongoing pandemic, Yakuza 7 will actually be arriving sooner than originally expected. Yakuza: Like a Dragon is now set to arrive on PC, PS4, and Xbox One/S/X when the next-gen Xbox launches on November 10. Unfortunately, PS5 players will have to wait until March of next year to get their hands on the game. You can check out the trailer for Yakuza 7 below.

3. Major Hearthstone Update   Hearthstone’s upcoming patch will soon be bringing some big changes to the game. The update will introduce 3 new major pieces of content to the game: the Masquerade Ball LTE, the return of Dual-Class Arena, and a new Book of Heroes solo campaign. There will also be plenty of balance changes, including a nerf to Tortollan Pilgrim which had been terrorizing the meta via the Turtle Mage deck. Last but not least, all Battlegrounds ratings will be reset to 0 ahead of the patch in order to prepare for a new, revamped rating system. Most of the patch is set to go live tomorrow, with the new Book of Heroes campaign arriving shortly after on October 13.

4. 37 CS:GO Coaches Banned   The Esports Integrity Commission has banned a whopping 37 CS:GO coaches for cheating. This is in relation to a long-existing spectator bug which enabled coaches to see the location of the enemy team and relay that information to their players. Although a few coaches were banned for abusing the exploit earlier this year, it is now clear that the cheating was far more rampant than originally expected. Some of the notable teams who abused the bug include FaZe Clan, Ninjas in Pyjamas, and Heroic, which is currently ranked as the second-best team in the world.

5. FarmVille Shutting Down   It’s been a long time since FarmVille first took the world by storm when it launched back in 2009. The Facebook farming sim was largely responsible for the massive growth of Zynga, which has since gone on to become one of the largest mobile game developers on the planet. Although it certainly is the end of an era, it’s also not particularly surprising considering that Adobe will be disabling Flash at the end of the year. FarmVille will be removing in-app purchases from the game on November 17 and will shut down entirely on December 31.

Comment 48

• AJR_99 LV.20 Gym Leader Sep 29, 2020, 06:27 AM

37 fucking coaches banned wow

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 Champion Sep 29, 2020, 06:28 AM

Didn't realize this many teams were in on the csgo cheating thing

• デスガン LV.19 JUST SEND IT Sep 29, 2020, 06:28 AM

its literally breath of the wild

• AJR_99 LV.20 Gym Leader Sep 29, 2020, 06:31 AM

I thought that too lol

• デスガン LV.19 JUST SEND IT Sep 29, 2020, 06:31 AM

it feels exactly like it

• Invisible Hamster LV.25 Doubloon Digger Sep 29, 2020, 06:39 AM

Looks almost identical lol. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing though, a multiplayer breath of the wild sounds pretty awesome.

• デスガン LV.19 JUST SEND IT Sep 29, 2020, 06:47 AM

it's really fun I like it

• Invisible Hamster LV.25 Doubloon Digger Sep 29, 2020, 08:22 AM

I'm downloading it right now!

• Ordaniry_gamer LV.23 JUST SEND IT Sep 29, 2020, 06:31 AM

Wow that's really disappointing to hear about the coaches. What I wonder was what made them want to cheat. And I'm excited about the Hearthstone update, but I got to get a lot of coins back I lost 1000 in the tavernbrawl thinking I could make a profit but I should've taken my time I don't have the greatest cards but ill get there😁

• Invisible Hamster LV.25 Doubloon Digger Sep 29, 2020, 06:46 AM

Considering how many teams were doing it, the bug was probably like an "open secret" so people felt like if the other teams were cheating then they had to cheat too in order to compete. Plus there's a lot of money in some of the CSGO tournaments so that probably has something to do with it too lol

• Cyberwolf342 LV.6 OPFOR Sep 29, 2020, 08:21 AM

Genshin is actually pretty fun one problem tho Is the battery consumption

• Hizoka726 LV.19 Super Star Sep 29, 2020, 08:26 AM

Let me guess, mobile too?

• This review has been deleted.

• Hizoka726 LV.19 Super Star Sep 29, 2020, 08:26 AM

I feel you

• Spritekiid63 LV.17 Sage Oct 9, 2020, 01:36 PM

same if it was on xbox i would love it more

• Gendor64 LV.20 Shadow Sep 29, 2020, 09:31 AM

that's why we don't game on mobile. because batteries last 5 minutes at best.

• Spritekiid63 LV.17 Sage Oct 9, 2020, 01:38 PM

no my phone last 5 hours at least so fuck off mr
    imtogoodforallofpeoplewhoenjoysome
    mobilegames

• MrWallManMain LV.34 Good Leader Sep 29, 2020, 06:29 AM

*Marvin, one of your facebook friends, wants to play Farmville with you.*

• Kills LV.29 Assassin Sep 29, 2020, 06:37 AM

noooooo not farmville!!!! 😂

• iamdanielyoon LV.24 GG Sep 29, 2020, 08:36 AM

Yakuza 7... still not happy w the change to combat :(

• FlutterArts LV.21 S Sep 29, 2020, 03:24 PM

ooooh def gotta play that new yakuza

• Snowfinch LV.8 Nomad Oct 2, 2020, 02:04 PM

I'm glad you are covering this game !

• LittleBen LV.29 Bamboozled Sep 29, 2020, 06:40 AM

finally, breath of the wild on playstation

• gamer489600690 LV.6 Nomad Sep 29, 2020, 08:10 AM

Yes and the pc version has lots of bugs

• lildran LV.3 Lurker Sep 29, 2020, 08:14 AM

Bruh I was just watching gameplay and I got this notification

• B S G Cidem LV.19 Sage Sep 29, 2020, 08:18 AM

it not rly breath the wild it has alot of honkai impact play styles and a few other original ideas

• Truckkun LV.15 Team Rocket Sep 29, 2020, 08:21 AM

It's pretty fun rn ngl also its not that similar to breath of the wild

Home