The Daily Moot: League of Legends World ChampionshipNews Picks
1. League of Legends World Championship
The 2020 League of Legends World Championship is officially underway. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the event, but unfortunately many of the planned celebrations had to be put on hold due to complications caused by the pandemic. Thankfully however, the tournament itself is still on. The League of Legends World Championship is not only the biggest tournament in all of esports, it also has been a driving force in legitimizing esports in the global sporting sphere, earning frequent attention from major publications such as ESPN. The Play-In Stage of the tournament is set to run from today through September 28, with the top 4 teams earning the right to face off against the best in the world in the Group Stage starting October 5.
2. Fortnite Rocket League Llama-Rama Fortnite and Rocket League are set to collide in the upcoming Llama-Rama crossover event starting tomorrow. This is largely due to Rocket League’s recent free-to-play transition, which saw the racecar soccer sim migrate its PC platform over to the Epic Games Store. The Llama-Rama is essentially a series of 5 different Rocket League challenges that progressively increase in difficulty and must be completed in order. By completing the challenges, you’ll earn cosmetic rewards for both Fortnite and Rocket League, such as the Octane RL backbling for Fortnite and the Battle Bus car for Rocket League. The Llama-Rama crossover event is set to run from September 26 until October 12; you can check out the trailer for the event below.
3. RuneScape Coming to Steam RuneScape, one of the most popular MMORPGs of all time, will soon be coming to Steam. This news comes just ahead of the game’s 20th birthday, but despite its age, the game reported its highest-ever player membership numbers earlier this year. Nearly 300 million accounts have been created over RuneScape’s 20-year history, and it seems likely that those numbers will continue to rise with the upcoming Steam integration. RuneScape 3 will be launching on Steam on October 14, with Old School RuneScape set to follow early next year.
4. The Talos Principle 2 Confirmed Croteam has officially confirmed that The Talos Principle 2 is on the way. The original Talos Principle, which first launched in 2014, garnered universal acclaim for its philosophical 3D puzzle gameplay, and many critics have since heralded the game as one of the best video games of all time. While the prospect of a sequel is definitely exciting news for fans of The Talos Principle, it sounds like the game is still very early in production as Croteam has been focusing all of their attention on Serious Sam 4 which just launched yesterday. As such, no target release date for The Talos Principle 2 has been announced yet, but Croteam writer Jonas Kyratzes emphasised that “Talos 2 is definitely happening,” and that the team “definitely has a plan” for the game’s “very ambitious” story.
5. Destiny 2 Re-Download Bungie has announced that all Destiny 2 players will have to uninstall and re-download the game once the Beyond Light expansion goes live in November. While this is certainly a bit of an inconvenience, it does come with an upside: the new download will be at least 60GB smaller than the current version. To help prepare for the update, Bungie announced that they are “planning to enable Beyond Light preloads sometime in the evening of November 9, which should give everyone at least 10 hours to download before the gates open.” You can check out the trailer for Beyond Light below.
P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below! Rainbow Six Weekly Event (Week 10):
Fortnite Weekly Event (Week 3):
Apex Legends Weekly Event (Week 7):