The Daily Moot: League of Legends: Take OverNews Picks
1. League of Legends: Take Over
Take Over, the highly-anticipated hype song for the 2020 League of Legends World Championship, is officially here. While League of Legends is by far the most popular esport on the planet and the World Championship is the game’s biggest event of the year, many fans look forward to the tournament’s annual song nearly as much as the tournament itself. Similar to last year’s Rise, Take Over is overflowing with easter eggs and features personified versions of many of the game’s most famous players such as Faker, xPeke, and Uzi. The track itself is a collaboration between Jeremy McKinnon (from A Day to Remember), MAX, and Henry. The 2020 League of Legends World Championship is set to kick off on September 25; you can check out the music video for Take Over below.
2. Save the World Removed from Mac Fortnite: Save the World will soon be removed from all Mac devices. This is particularly significant because unlike Fortnite’s more popular free-to-play battle royale mode, Save the World has an upfront cost. Mac players who purchased Save the World between September 17, 2019 and September 7, 2020 will be automatically receive a full refund for the game, as well as for any V-Bucks spent on Llamas. Meanwhile, Fortnite’s battle royale mode will continue to be playable on Mac, but the game will not receive any updates and will be stuck on version 13.40 for the foreseeable future.
3. Super Mario 3D All-Stars Super Mario 3D All-Stars is officially here. The collection, which is available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch, features 3 classic Mario titles: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy. None of the games received complete remasters, but each comes with various technical and graphical improvements which should provide some nice quality of life changes for the Switch adaptation. You can check out the launch trailer for Super Mario 3D All-Stars below.
4. Epic Freebies Another week of freebies from Epic Games is here. This week’s free games are Football Manager 2020 and Stick It To The Man. You can grab your free copies of these games directly from the Epic Games Store from now until September 24. As long as you claim the games by September 24, they will stay in your library forever.
5. 3DS Discontinued After a nearly 10-year run, Nintendo is discontinuing the 3DS. While this certainly marks the end of an era, it’s not particularly surprising considering that the Switch has largely replaced the 3DS as Nintendo’s flagship handheld console. Over the course of its lifespan, the 3DS sold over 75 million units and nearly 400 million games; the console’s best-selling game was 2011’s Mario Kart 7, followed by the 3 big mainline Pokemon generations: X/Y, Sun/Moon, and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below! Rainbow Six Weekly Event (Week 9):
Fortnite Weekly Event (Week 2):