Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 18, 2020, 04:47 AM 1,743 read

The Daily Moot: Warzone Mobile

News Picks

1. Warzone Mobile

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Warzone Mobile image 2

It looks like Call of Duty: Warzone will soon be coming to mobile devices. According to a new job listing on the Activision website, the company is looking for an executive producer who will “own product framing player experience of a new AAA mobile FPS in the Call of Duty franchise” called Warzone Mobile. Considering that Activision has just posted the job listing, it will probably be quite some time before Warzone Mobile goes live, but we can likely expect more details about the game to be shared as we near the launch of the next mainline Call of Duty, Black Ops Cold War, on November 13.

2. Splinter Cell Returns   After an absence of more than 7 years, Splinter Cell is finally making its return. While this is no doubt exciting news for longtime fans of the popular stealth franchise, it does unfortunately come with some caveats: the game will only be available in VR and will be exclusive to Oculus platforms. Splinter Cell isn’t the only upcoming Ubisoft game that’s getting this treatment; the company will be launching a VR version of Assassin’s Creed with the same stipulations. All of this news comes alongside the introduction of the Oculus Quest 2, which was just revealed yesterday. No release date for Splinter Cell VR or Assassin’s Creed VR have been announced yet, but the Oculus Quest 2 is set to arrive on October 13; you can watch the Oculus Quest 2 reveal video below.

3. VR Myst   The classic game Myst will soon be getting a VR adaptation. Originally released in 1993, the original Myst was a surprise hit that earned widespread critical acclaim for its immersive world and gameplay. In fact, Myst was such a big success that it was the best-selling PC game in history for nearly a decade until The Sims surpassed it in 2002. The VR version of Myst will be a “reimagining” of the game, complete with new art and audio. Myst VR is set to launch on the Oculus Quest 2 in December of this year; you can check out the announcement trailer for the game below.

4. Fortnite Ray Tracing   Ray tracing is officially coming to Fortnite. In a collaboration with Nvidia, Epic Games is bringing ray tracing to Fortnite alongside today’s launch of Nvidia’s incredibly powerful next-gen GPU, the RTX 3080. Fortnite’s ray tracing will include all the things players have come to expect from the technology, significantly improving graphical fidelity, reflections, shadows, ambient occlusion and real-time global illumination. All of those improvements take quite a lot of power to function however, and players will need an RTX 2060 or better in order to use the feature. For those who were hoping to pick up the new RTX 3080 today, you’ll unfortunately have to keep waiting; the card sold out near-instantly when it launched this morning.

5. Gods & Monsters Rename Explained   Ubisoft has finally revealed the reason as to why the highly anticipated upcoming game Gods & Monsters was renamed to Immortals Fenyx Rising, and it’s pretty bizarre. It turns out that the Monster Energy drink brand has the trademark rights to the name “Gods & Monsters” and filed a copyright claim against Ubisoft to prevent them from using it. Ubisoft denied the claim, but ultimately decided to change the name anyway in order to prevent any further conflict. Immortals Fenyx Rising is set to arrive on December 3; you can check out the trailer for the game below.

Comment 21

• Kills LV.29 Assassin Sep 18, 2020, 04:49 AM

I've always wanted to get into VR I just don't know where to start. But when I see these kinds of things it really makes me want to get the ball rolling!

• Yoloswagep LV.7 Nomad Sep 18, 2020, 04:49 AM

Watch it be like 100 gigs when it’s first released

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Sep 18, 2020, 04:53 AM

another battle royale game in mobile, very interesting...

• Yoloswagep LV.7 Nomad Sep 18, 2020, 04:48 AM

Why are they making war zone mobile . Isn’t pubg mobile enough??

• ANE Hound LV.17 I'm a Bot Sep 19, 2020, 02:33 AM

I'm garbage at pubg mobile

• DaPi LV.32 Haunted Sep 19, 2020, 02:42 AM

Warzone was already in COD Mobile as a limited time game mode lmao

• itsblueandgrey LV.12 Best Squadmate Sep 18, 2020, 04:48 AM

Size: 20gb

• Naughty_Cola LV.19 Titan Sep 18, 2020, 05:11 AM

I like the oculus quest 2 look really nice

• ANE Hound LV.17 I'm a Bot Sep 19, 2020, 02:33 AM

Hopefully I'll play mobile players then on warzone lol

• SuperMilkChan(• ▽ •) LV.22 Looking for teammates! Sep 18, 2020, 04:49 AM

yes

• Xethriel LV.19 Assassin Sep 18, 2020, 07:21 AM

Monster energy and their brand is crap though, so I guess ubisoft dodged a bullet there so they wouldn't be connected to that trash brand kappa 🤷‍♂️

• JRules2436 LV.11 Chief Sep 18, 2020, 08:49 AM

I like my storage no thanks

• Gam3r B0Y LV.6 Nomad Sep 18, 2020, 08:56 AM

Let’s get it

• TTV_Nova99 LV.3 Lurker Sep 18, 2020, 09:04 AM

boi

• iamdanielyoon LV.24 You're a Bot Sep 18, 2020, 09:53 AM

Interesting

• Ghost Riley LV.4 4x Champion! Sep 18, 2020, 11:13 AM

is this real

• gamer809928281 LV.1 Mootie Sep 18, 2020, 11:21 AM

Nice