Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 11, 2020, 03:26 AM 1,855 read

The Daily Moot: Apple IDs Removed From Fortnite

News Picks

1. Apple IDs Scrapped from Epic’s Games

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Apple IDs Removed From Fortnite image 23

Starting tomorrow, Apple will enact a change preventing Epic Games from interacting with Apple IDs. This means that players will no longer be able to sign into Fortnite or any other Epic app with the “Sign In with Apple” option. This change comes as part of the ongoing lawsuit between Apple and Epic Games which continues to grow in ferocity. For players who normally use the “Sign In with Apple” option to login to Fortnite, make sure the email and password for your Fortnite account are up to date so that you can still login after the change goes through tomorrow.

2. Black Ops Cold War Beta   An open beta for the highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has been announced. There will be multiple beta periods taking place across 2 extended “weekends.” The first weekend, which is only available for PS4 players, will take place from October 8-12, with the first 2 days limited exclusively to players who have pre-ordered the game. On October 15, the second beta period begins and opens up for PC and Xbox players who have pre-ordered the game. Finally, an all-platform true open beta will kick off on October 17 and last until October 19. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is set to launch on November 13.

3. CS:GO Majors Cancelled   Valve has cancelled all upcoming CS:GO Major tournaments. Following yesterday’s cancellation of the CS:GO Rio Major, Valve announced that they are “going to hold off on scheduling Majors until LAN events are safe to hold around the world.” Considering that Valve is looking at global stability rather than trying to key in on a few specific zones for competition, it might be quite some time before the highest level of Counter Strike competition resumes. Valve also addressed the recent cheating scandal in recent online CS:GO events like ESL, saying that any team that cheated will have their Regional Major Ranking points reset and are waiting to see the “punishments handed down by third parties” before taking further action.

4. Sea of Thieves Vaults of the Ancients   Sea of Thieves’ latest update, Vaults of the Ancients, is officially live. Vault of the Ancients introduces a slew of new content to the game including new voyages, secret treasure vaults, and a new enchanted compass. The update also introduced dogs to the game as a new follower pet, but unfortunately players will only be able to acquire them by using Ancient Coins which cost real money. Sea of Thieves’ Vaults of the Ancients is live now; you can check out the content update trailer below.

5. Spacebase Startopia Delayed   Spacebase Startopia has been delayed. Although not officially related to the original Startopia, Spacebase Startopia is a spiritual successor to the 2001 classic space station simulator game and is expected to feature a very similar style of gameplay. In terms of the delay, developer Realmforge Studios said, “The new release date will allow for more development time to further polish the game” and that the team isn’t planning to release the game until it “meets the high expectations of fans and beta testers.” Originally slated to launch in October of this year, Spacebase Startopia is now expected to arrive in spring 2021.

P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   Rainbow Six Weekly Event (Week 8):

Fortnite Weekly Event (Week 1):

Fortnite Choose Your Hero Event:

Comment 37

• I'm Psycho verified LV.28 JUST SEND IT Sep 11, 2020, 07:58 AM

All those Apple worshipping cucks that talked down to Android users are triggered now. Guess we got the last laugh 😏

• Locostealth LV.21 Insomniac Sep 11, 2020, 08:04 AM

yes indeed we did

• I'm Psycho verified LV.28 JUST SEND IT Sep 11, 2020, 08:04 AM

• Locostealth LV.21 Insomniac Sep 11, 2020, 08:05 AM

• HAD3S DC LV.29 Big Chungus Sep 11, 2020, 08:10 AM

indeed we have comrade

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Sep 11, 2020, 03:27 AM

hmmmm... interesting...

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.28 Dream Chaser Sep 11, 2020, 06:41 AM

alright bubs, you basically own this GIF

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Sep 11, 2020, 06:42 AM

I wish...

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.28 Dream Chaser Sep 11, 2020, 06:44 AM

I mean, you've used it so many times that no one can dare claim it from you. I'd say it's yours by default.

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Sep 11, 2020, 06:50 AM

I guess so... "This Is the Way"...

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.28 Dream Chaser Sep 11, 2020, 06:51 AM

indeed. Lay claim to what is yours.

• FaZe_Mango LV.9 Breacher Sep 11, 2020, 03:37 AM

Good job epic 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Sep 11, 2020, 03:48 AM

Epic fucked up big time

• FaZe_Mango LV.9 Breacher Sep 11, 2020, 03:49 AM

Hey I’m not mad that means less fortnite kids

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.28 Dream Chaser Sep 11, 2020, 06:41 AM

Apple is actually so petty

• SeshLoc LV.5 Lurker Sep 11, 2020, 07:59 AM

naw... epic subverted their sales to epic games . everything goes thru apple .they knew the rules

• VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best Sep 11, 2020, 08:06 AM

"You know the rules and so do I"

• DebtStroke LV.6 Nomad Sep 11, 2020, 08:14 AM

Agreed, epic tried to screw Apple and apple wasn’t having it. I say apple was in their rights to kick epic out of their store.

• SeshLoc LV.5 Lurker Sep 11, 2020, 08:15 AM

epic has pulled alot of crap over it's time in the industry

• DebtStroke LV.6 Nomad Sep 11, 2020, 08:17 AM

It doesn’t make sense as to why these kids or people just assume epic was in the right. They literally undermined the terms of service and are suing Apple for punishing them for it. I mean I seen something about unreal engine being affected by it so other developers who used it would be punished also. I don’t agree with that but as far as epic goes, kick them out. They knew what they were doing when they did it. Let them face the consequences.

• SeshLoc LV.5 Lurker Sep 11, 2020, 10:08 AM

these children are addicted to epic.. it's pitiful.. epic has been doing the fans shady and the kids don't care .so long as their addiction is fulfilled. they shouldnt be speak their brains havent matured yet. Moot in a nutshell

• Cuddle4104 LV.2 Lurker Sep 11, 2020, 07:46 AM

😞

• ScrapsReady LV.21 Shadow Sep 11, 2020, 07:50 AM

Kinda saw this coming

• Pitch8lackFac3 LV.2 Lurker Sep 11, 2020, 07:52 AM

This just shows how much better pubg is than gaynite

• Rexamidalion LV.7 Mobile Sep 11, 2020, 08:58 AM

Have given codm a chance

• MoonluvsJPOP LV.20 Apex > Fortnite Sep 11, 2020, 03:28 AM

that’s so crazy !!!

• MrTW YT LV.17 JUST SEND IT Sep 11, 2020, 03:28 AM

Good to know

• Skullkidfan verified LV.35 Master Sep 11, 2020, 03:46 AM

cool

• Jane♡ LV.20 Mob Sep 11, 2020, 08:07 AM

Good

• Leo Ascendent LV.21 Xbox Sep 11, 2020, 08:08 AM

Apple, once again, proving they are shite.

• ErikPlays43 LV.28 Happy 2020! Sep 11, 2020, 03:55 AM

Signing up with Apple by far is the safest compared to something like Facebook. If you were using the foward email function, make sure to get that email to log in through tommorow. Because sometimes Apple makes up an BS icloud account than fowards you the info. So get that and youll be alright.

• Eddy1280 LV.26 4x Champion! Sep 11, 2020, 07:47 AM

Oof😂

• Mister0Sinister LV.5 Deadeye Sep 11, 2020, 07:55 AM

ok

Home