The Daily Moot: Apple IDs Removed From FortniteNews Picks
1. Apple IDs Scrapped from Epic’s Games
Starting tomorrow, Apple will enact a change preventing Epic Games from interacting with Apple IDs. This means that players will no longer be able to sign into Fortnite or any other Epic app with the “Sign In with Apple” option. This change comes as part of the ongoing lawsuit between Apple and Epic Games which continues to grow in ferocity. For players who normally use the “Sign In with Apple” option to login to Fortnite, make sure the email and password for your Fortnite account are up to date so that you can still login after the change goes through tomorrow.
2. Black Ops Cold War Beta An open beta for the highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has been announced. There will be multiple beta periods taking place across 2 extended “weekends.” The first weekend, which is only available for PS4 players, will take place from October 8-12, with the first 2 days limited exclusively to players who have pre-ordered the game. On October 15, the second beta period begins and opens up for PC and Xbox players who have pre-ordered the game. Finally, an all-platform true open beta will kick off on October 17 and last until October 19. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is set to launch on November 13.
3. CS:GO Majors Cancelled Valve has cancelled all upcoming CS:GO Major tournaments. Following yesterday’s cancellation of the CS:GO Rio Major, Valve announced that they are “going to hold off on scheduling Majors until LAN events are safe to hold around the world.” Considering that Valve is looking at global stability rather than trying to key in on a few specific zones for competition, it might be quite some time before the highest level of Counter Strike competition resumes. Valve also addressed the recent cheating scandal in recent online CS:GO events like ESL, saying that any team that cheated will have their Regional Major Ranking points reset and are waiting to see the “punishments handed down by third parties” before taking further action.
4. Sea of Thieves Vaults of the Ancients Sea of Thieves’ latest update, Vaults of the Ancients, is officially live. Vault of the Ancients introduces a slew of new content to the game including new voyages, secret treasure vaults, and a new enchanted compass. The update also introduced dogs to the game as a new follower pet, but unfortunately players will only be able to acquire them by using Ancient Coins which cost real money. Sea of Thieves’ Vaults of the Ancients is live now; you can check out the content update trailer below.
5. Spacebase Startopia Delayed Spacebase Startopia has been delayed. Although not officially related to the original Startopia, Spacebase Startopia is a spiritual successor to the 2001 classic space station simulator game and is expected to feature a very similar style of gameplay. In terms of the delay, developer Realmforge Studios said, “The new release date will allow for more development time to further polish the game” and that the team isn’t planning to release the game until it “meets the high expectations of fans and beta testers.” Originally slated to launch in October of this year, Spacebase Startopia is now expected to arrive in spring 2021.
P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below! Rainbow Six Weekly Event (Week 8):
Fortnite Weekly Event (Week 1):
Fortnite Choose Your Hero Event: