The Daily Moot: Next-Gen Xbox Price & Release Date RevealedNews Picks
1. Xbox Series S Reveal, Release Date
The Xbox Series S, including its price, has been revealed. The next-gen Xbox Series S is set to be “the smallest Xbox ever” but it will pack a powerful punch. The console will perform at up to 120 FPS at 1440p resolution, will support ray tracing, and will come with a 512GB custom SSD. Despite its next-gen capabilities, the Xbox Series S will launch at just $299 while the larger Xbox Series X will cost $499. Both consoles are set to launch on November 10 of this year; you can check out the world premier reveal trailer for the Xbox Series S below.
2. Cyberpunk 2077 Microtransactions Update CD Projekt Red has released a statement regarding microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077. Specifically, the studio has confirmed that there will be “zero microtransactions” and that everything the game has to offer will be included in your “one single purchase.” The studio also iterated that this refers to the single-player game Cyberpunk 2077, but explained that a separate, standalone multiplayer game based on the Cyberpunk universe will have microtransactions when it launches in the distant future. Cyberpunk 2077 is set to launch on November 19.
3. Dirt 5 Delayed Dirt 5 has been delayed once again. Originally expected to launch on October 9, then pushed back to October 16, Dirt 5 is now set to arrive on November 6. Developer Codemasters explained their reasoning for the latest delay by saying that it would allow them to “take advantage of the next-generation console launches which are expected in time for the holiday season.” Considering that the Xbox Series X has now been confirmed for November 10, it’s safe to assume that Codemasters will have next-gen editions of Dirt 5 ready to go on launch day.
4. Everspace 2 Everspace 2 has officially been revealed. The space-themed looter shooter is set in a completely open world and is much more ambitious than the original game. Developer Rockfish Games described the project by saying it’s “the kind of space game we've always wanted to make, but never had the money for.” Everspace 2 is set to launch in early access in December of this year; you can check out the new announcement gameplay trailer below.
5. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Returns RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 will soon be making its return. After a dispute between developer Frontier and publisher Atari led to the game being pulled from digital shelves in 2018, it appears that Frontier has now gained complete rights over RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and is looking to make a comeback. Frontier will be releasing a new edition of the 16-year-old game called “RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition” which, while not a complete remaster, will feature improved graphics, optimized controls, and widescreen support. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition is set to launch on PC and Switch on September 24; you can check out the announcement video for the game below.
P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below! Fortnite Choose Your Hero Event:
Fortnite Weekly Event (Week 1):
Apex Legends Weekly Event (Week 4):