Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 3, 2020, 05:37 AM 1,390 read

The Daily Moot: India Bans PUBG Mobile

News Picks

1. India Bans PUBG Mobile

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: India Bans PUBG Mobile image 2

India has banned over 100 apps across the country including PUBG Mobile. Although the notice didn’t mention China specifically, all of the banned apps are either based in or linked to China, with PUBG Mobile being owned by the Chinese tech company Tencent. India explained their reasoning for the ban by saying that the country’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology had received complaints alleging that the apps "steal" and “surreptitiously transmit” user data to foreign servers in an unauthorized manner. PUBG Mobile had previously been one of India’s most popular mobile games, but it seems unlikely that the ban will be reversed any time soon.

2. Nvidia Reflex Technology Monitors   Nvidia is not only changing the game with their upcoming new graphics cards, they’re also looking to improve monitors as well. Nvidia’s new Reflex Latency Analyzer is a screen-based technology designed to accurately measure and reduce a system’s input lag. Alienware, Asus, Acer, and MSI all intend to implement the feature in their upcoming new 360Hz competitive gaming monitors, but consumers will likely have to shell out around $700 to get their hands on one.

3. Vlambeer Shutting Down   After more than a decade of making games, Vlambeer is shutting down. Vlambeer, an indie studio founded by Jan Willem Nijman and Rami Ismail, is best known for games such as Nuclear Throne, Super Crate Box, and Ridiculous Fishing. In their statement, the Vlambeer said that they “had a beautiful run” and “made incredible games” but that it was ultimately “time for new things.” The studio will officially close after releasing their upcoming arcade game Ultrabugs.

4. Hello Games New Project   Hello Games is apparently working on a new project. The No Man's Sky developer announced that they have a “huge, ambitious” project underway, which studio founder Sean Murray described as “like No Man’s Sky.” That said, Murray asserted that the game would not be a sequel and confirmed that half of the development would stay committed to working on improvements for No Man’s Sky. It’s unclear exactly what the big new project will have in store, but we can probably expect more details to be unveiled in the coming months.

5. Nintendo Switch eShop Changes   The Nintendo Switch eShop has quietly undergone some changes aimed at improving user experience. The first change makes it so that games now display how long they will be discounted for when they are on sale, and is live now for wishlists, the Great Deals page, and the eShop homepage. The second change makes it so that users can now pre-order a game without having to immediately pre-pay. Under the new system, users won’t be charged until 7 days before a game releases, making it much easier for players to cancel a pre-order without having to go through a refund process.

Comment 38

• Kills LV.29 Assassin Sep 3, 2020, 05:38 AM

PUBG is old news anyways. 😁

• ArcticBravo verified LV.27 Elite Four Sep 3, 2020, 05:50 AM

It may be, but it's the most popular mobile game in India with 33m monthly active users, so it's kinda a big deal.

• Kills LV.29 Assassin Sep 3, 2020, 06:06 AM

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Yeah, definitely a big deal. To them... 😂

• Rexamidalion LV.7 Mobile Sep 3, 2020, 10:00 AM

I think cod mobile is the best option for pubg players now. At least the casual players. It is really good and most similar. Please tell me if you agree or disagree.

• Zuna LV.20 Wolf Sep 3, 2020, 02:42 PM

also Banned. working together with tencent

• Vehrstahl verified LV.28 Big Chungus Sep 6, 2020, 11:27 PM

yeah, in India, basically every other person is addicted to pubg mobile

• Jojobigguapo LV.18 Sage Sep 3, 2020, 05:47 AM

I know them indians mad as hell

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Sep 3, 2020, 05:39 AM

Hmmm... Very interesting eShop change...

• Inlet46_YT LV.7 Nomad Sep 3, 2020, 09:15 AM

eShop changes sounding kinda figured fine, I've always wanted to see how long discounts lasted😁

• P3pper._. LV.21 Clearly Hacking Sep 3, 2020, 05:39 AM

I want your kids

• Cutie Swift❥ LV.23 Clearly Hacking Sep 3, 2020, 09:09 AM

its simptember

• Zuna LV.20 Wolf Sep 3, 2020, 02:43 PM

when you simp for what is on the Picture, im concerned

• Ace of Spades7 LV.12 JUST SEND IT Sep 3, 2020, 09:13 AM

I'm very excited for hello games new project

• ᐯITᗩᒪ_ᗰᗩKI LV.20 Big Chungus Sep 3, 2020, 08:57 AM

It’s mobile so I’m fine

• Cr4ck3d 5OL0 LV.6 Nomad Sep 3, 2020, 09:04 AM

no way