Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 2, 2020, 05:57 AM 285 read

The Daily Moot: Nvidia's Next-Gen GPUs

News Picks

1. Nvidia's Next-Gen GPUs

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Nvidia's Next-Gen GPUs image 2

Nvidia has unveiled its next-gen series of graphics cards. The RTX 3070, 3080, and 3090 have all been announced, with specs and prices included. At $499 the RTX 3070 is set to provide better performance than the current king of GPUs, the RTX 2080 Ti, for less than half the price. On the high end, Nvidia claims the new RTX 3090 will be the “world’s first 8K gaming GPU,” and while it’ll no doubt be the best commercial graphics card on the market, it’ll cost a whopping $1,500. The next-gen series of Nvidia GPUs will start rolling out on September 24; you can check out the reveal trailer for the RTX 3080, which costs $699, below.

2. Crusader Kings 3   Crusader Kings 3 is officially here. The newest edition of the popular strategy series, Crusader Kings 3 has launched to widespread acclaim, earning a perfect 10 out of 10 score from multiple publications such as IGN. Crusader Kings 3 just launched today, but it will also be available as part of next month’s Xbox Game Pass for PC starting September 3. You can check out the release trailer for Crusader Kings 3 below.

3. CS:GO Coaches Caught Cheating   A number of professional CS:GO coaches have been caught cheating in tournaments by major esports pro league ESL. The cheating involved exploiting a spectator bug which allowed coaches to see where enemies were located and relay that information to their players. Some of the teams who exploited the bug include Hard Legion, Heroic, and MIRB; ESL has imposed bans on the teams’ coaches with durations ranging from 6 months to 2 years.

4. Fall Guys Charity Drive   A Fall Guys charity auction to raise funds for Special Effect has now wrapped up. The auction came down to the wire, with the winning bid coming as a combined effort between Ninja, MrBeast, G2 Esports, and Aim Lab totalling $1M. As a reward for winning the auction, Mediatonic will be adding 4 new Fall Guys skins to the game, one for each contributor.

5. Transient Trailer   A trailer for the upcoming Lovecraft-inspired horror game Transient has been released. A cyberpunk adventure game from Stormling Studios and Iceberg Interactive, Transient takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where you play as one of the last remaining humans on Earth. Although the release date has not yet been announced, Transient is expected to launch by the end of this year. You can check out the cinematic trailer for the game below.

Comment 11

• Killy LV.19 I’m the champion! Sep 2, 2020, 05:59 AM

My kidney when it saw that the new 3090 was announced: please no we are friends you can’t do this to me

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Sep 2, 2020, 09:07 PM

Just get a 3070 lol

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Sep 2, 2020, 05:58 AM

I was following the Fall Guys charity on Twitter, it was a very interesting ending... Glad the money's going to a good cause...

• Xethriel LV.19 Assassin Sep 2, 2020, 06:30 AM

wow.... I haven't even had a year with my 2080 super and its already gonna be trash compared to the new ones? rip wallet man 🤦‍♂️

• j0kep0ke LV.26 Best Squadmate Sep 2, 2020, 07:12 PM

I was going to get it but oh well - my wallet saved me xdd going for 3070

• ArcticBravo verified LV.27 Elite Four Sep 2, 2020, 06:14 AM

I don't need *both* my kidneys...

...right?

• VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best Sep 2, 2020, 07:34 AM

Oh, no wonder Heroic won ESL cologne, they were cheating all along

• FlutterArts LV.21 S Sep 2, 2020, 02:21 PM

my wallet noooooooo

• j0kep0ke LV.26 Best Squadmate Sep 2, 2020, 07:16 PM

RTX 3070 - Here I come

• ButterFate LV.11 Survivor Main Sep 5, 2020, 11:34 PM